Affiliation: Medical University of Vienna
- Effect of virtual endoscopy simulator training on performance of upper gastrointestinal endoscopy in patients: a randomized controlled trialA Ferlitsch
Department of Internal Medicine III, Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Endoscopy 42:1049-56. 2010..Training on endoscopy simulators may reduce the time required to reach competency in patient endoscopy...
- HIV-HCV co-infected patients with low CD4+ cell nadirs are at risk for faster fibrosis progression and portal hypertensionT Reiberger
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
J Viral Hepat 17:400-9. 2010..A history of a CD4+ cell nadir <200/microL is a risk factor for rapid development of cirrhosis and PHT. Thus, HCV treatment should be considered early in patients with HIV-HCV co-infection and largely preserved CD4+ cell counts...
- Non-selective β-blockers improve the correlation of liver stiffness and portal pressure in advanced cirrhosisT Reiberger
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Department of Internal Medicine III, Medical University Vienna, Waehringer Guertel 18 20, Vienna, Austria
J Gastroenterol 47:561-8. 2012..The influence of treatment with non-selective β-blockers (NSBB) on the correlation of HVPG and LS has not been investigated...
- Safety and efficacy of endoscopic balloon dilation for treatment of Crohn's disease stricturesA Ferlitsch
Department of Internal Medicine IV, Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Endoscopy 38:483-7. 2006..Endoscopic balloon dilation is a therapeutic option in limited strictures to avoid intestinal surgery, although there have been few reports regarding the long-term outcome...
- Value of hepatic venous pressure gradient measurement before liver resection for hepatocellular carcinomaS Stremitzer
Department of General Surgery, Medical University Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Br J Surg 98:1752-8. 2011..This study assessed the role of preoperative hepatic venous pressure gradient (HVPG) assessment in identifying portal hypertension...
- Differential role of circulating endothelial progenitor cells in cirrhotic patients with or without hepatocellular carcinomaW Sieghart
Department of Internal Medicine III, Division of Gastroenterology Hepatology, Medical University of Vienna, Waehringer Guertel 18 20, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
Dig Liver Dis 41:902-6. 2009..Here, we address this issue for the first time in cirrhotic patients+/-hepatocellular carcinoma...
- Short- and long-term effects of therapy with interferon-alpha and pegylated interferon-alpha/ribavirin on platelet plug formation and von Willebrand factor release in patients with chronic hepatitis CM Homoncik
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Department of Internal Medicine IV, Medical University, Vienna, Austria
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 21:49-55. 2005..A pegylated interferon-alpha-induced decrease in platelet counts may become a limiting factor for continuation of therapy...
- Evaluation of a virtual endoscopy simulator for training in gastrointestinal endoscopyA Ferlitsch
Department of Internal Medicine IV, Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, University of Vienna, Austria
Endoscopy 34:698-702. 2002..The purpose of the study was to determine whether the GI-Mentor, a virtual reality endoscopy simulator, can distinguish between beginners and experts in endoscopy and to assess whether training improves the performance of beginners...
- Hospitalization, frequency of interventions, and quality of life after endoscopic, surgical, or conservative treatment in patients with chronic pancreatitisKaroline Rutter
Department of Internal Medicine III Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Medical University of Vienna, General Hospital, Vienna, Austria
World J Surg 34:2642-7. 2010..The sequences of treatment at initial presentation, endoscopy, surgery, or conservative treatment may affect the time course and admissions needed for disease control, thereby determining quality of life and overall outcome...
- Bradycardia and sinus arrest during percutaneous ethanol injection therapy for hepatocellular carcinomaA Ferlitsch
University of Vienna Medical School, Vienna, Austria
Eur J Clin Invest 34:218-23. 2004..Cardiac arrhythmias have not been reported to date. Aim of the study was to investigate the occurrence of dysrhythmias during PEI...
- Esophageal stent in the anus: an unusual presentation of stent migrationL Kazemi-Shirazi
Dept of Internal Medicine IV, Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Vienna, Austria
Endoscopy 35:715. 2003
- Diamond stents for palliation of malignant bile duct obstruction: a prospective multicenter evaluationA Ferlitsch
Dept of Internal Medicine IV, Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, University of Vienna, Waeringer Guertel 18 20, 1090 Vienna, Austria
Endoscopy 33:645-50. 2001..However, there has only been prolonged experience with a meaningful number of patients using the Wallstent. We evaluated the Diamond stent, a self-expanding uncoated biliary metal stent, in a prospective uncontrolled multicenter setting...