Affiliation: Medical University of Vienna
- Sitting at the window to the world--ocular parasitesTalin Barisani-Asenbauer
Institute of Specific Prophylaxis and Tropical Medicine, Medical University of Vienna, Kinderspitalgasse 15, 1090, Vienna, Austria
Wien Med Wochenschr 164:392-9. 2014..This reviews aims to describe the pathogenesis, symptoms, diagnosis and management of infection, as well as preventative measures for these three parasitic ocular diseases. ..
- Comparison of ophthalmic sponges and extraction buffers for quantifying cytokine profiles in tears using Luminex technologyAleksandra Inic-Kanada
OCUVAC Centre of Ocular Inflammation and Infection, Laura Bassi Centres of Expertise, Institute of Specific Prophylaxis and Tropical Medicine, Centre for Pathophysiology, Infectiology and Immunology, Medical University Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Mol Vis 18:2717-25. 2012..The aim of this study was to compare various ophthalmic sponges and extraction buffers to optimize the tear collection method for field studies for subsequent quantification of cytokines in tears using the Luminex technology...
- The ocular conjunctiva as a mucosal immunization route: a profile of the immune response to the model antigen tetanus toxoidTalin Barisani-Asenbauer
OCUVAC Center of Ocular Inflammation and Infection, Laura Bassi Centers of Expertise, Institute of Specific Prophylaxis and Tropical Medicine, Center for Pathophysiology, Infectiology and Immunology, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
PLoS ONE 8:e60682. 2013....
- Uveitis- a rare disease often associated with systemic diseases and infections- a systematic review of 2619 patientsTalin Barisani-Asenbauer
Department of Ophthalmology and Optometry, Medical University Vienna, Waehringer Guertel 18 20, A 1090, Vienna, Austria
Orphanet J Rare Dis 7:57. 2012..The aim of this study was to characterize uveitis in a large sample of patients and to evaluate the relationship between uveitis and systemic diseases...
- [Monitoring treatment with biologics in non-infectious uveitis]T Barisani-Asenbauer
Laura Bassi Centre for Ocular Inflammation and Infection Center for Pathophysiology, Immunology and Infectiology, Medical University of Vienna, Kinderspitalgasse 15, 1090 Wien, Osterreich
Ophthalmologe 108:21-4. 2011..Weighing up the risks versus the benefits should be made on an individual basis and guide patient consultation...
- Cytomegalovirus antibodies in tear fluid of patients with retinitisE B Rozanova
Department of Immunology and Virology, Helmholtz Research Institute of Eye Diseases, Sadovaya Chernogriazskaya, Moscow, Russia
Arch Virol 151:2407-17. 2006..Further studies are needed to compare the tear and intraocular levels of CMV-specific antibodies in patients with retinitis to find out if CMV antibody testing in tear fluid could substitute for more invasive diagnostic procedures...
- Distress, depression and coping in HLA-B27-associated anterior uveitis with focus on gender differencesS M Maca
Department of Ophthalmology, Medical University Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Br J Ophthalmol 95:699-704. 2011....