Affiliation: Konventhospital Barmherzige Brueder
- Aspirin is first-line treatment for migraine and episodic tension-type headache regardless of headache intensityChristian Lampl
Department of Neurology, Pain and Headache Center, Konventhospital Barmherzige Brueder, Linz, Austria
Headache 52:48-56. 2012....
- Pregabalin as mono- or add-on therapy for patients with refractory chronic neuropathic pain: a post-marketing prescription-event monitoring studyChristian Lampl
Department of Neurology and Pain Medicine, Konventhospital Barmherzige Brüder, Seilerstätte 2, 4020 Linz, Austria
J Neurol 257:1265-73. 2010..These results demonstrate that PGB administered twice daily is superior to treatment regimes without PGB in reducing pain and pain-related interference in quality of life...
- [Migraine - diagnostic features, acute therapy and prophylactics]Christian Lampl
Konventhospital Barmherzige Brüder Linz, Osterreich
Ther Umsch 68:501-5. 2011..Acute medications are more effective if used earlier in an attack. The goals of preventive therapy are to reduce the frequency, painfulness, and/or duration of migraines, and to increase quality of life...
- Difference in triptan effect in patients with migraine and early allodyniaC Lampl
Department of Neurology and Pain Medicine, Konventhospital Barmherzige Brüder, Linz, Austria
Cephalalgia 28:1031-8. 2008..The study results indicate that migraine headache intensity can be reduced within 1 h by using zolmitriptan 5 mg nasal spray in spite of the presence of early cutaneous allodynia...
- Two different doses of amitriptyline ER in the prophylaxis of migraine: long-term results and predictive factorsC Lampl
Department of Neurology and Pain Medicine, Konventhospital Barmherzige Brüder Linz, Linz, Austria
Eur J Neurol 16:943-8. 2009..We aimed at evaluating whether 50 mg of amitryptiline extended release was more effective than 25 mg in reducing the number of migraine days...
- Weekly IM interferon beta-1a in multiple sclerosis patients over 50 years of ageC Lampl
Department of Neurology and Pain Medicine, Koventhospital Barmherzige Brüder Linz, Linz, Austria
Eur J Neurol 19:142-8. 2012..We investigated the efficacy and safety of IM IFNβ-1a in patients segregated by 50 and 40 years of age in separate meta-analyses...
- Efficacy and safety of 1,000 mg effervescent aspirin: individual patient data meta-analysis of three trials in migraine headache and migraine accompanying symptomsChristian Lampl
Dept of Neurology, Pain and Headache Center, Krankenhaus der Barmherzigen Schwestern, Seilerstätte 4, A 4010 Linz, Austria
J Neurol 254:705-12. 2007..This is also true for patients with moderate as well as severe headache at baseline. Patients therefore should be advised to use eASA first for migraine attacks and use a triptan in case of no response...
- Amitriptyline in the prophylaxis of central poststroke pain. Preliminary results of 39 patients in a placebo-controlled, long-term studyChristian Lampl
Department of Neurology and Psychiatry, General Hospital Linz, Linz, Austria
Stroke 33:3030-2. 2002..We performed a double-blind, placebo-controlled study to investigate the effectiveness of amitriptyline for the prophylactic treatment of patients with acute thalamic stroke in preventing central poststroke pain...
- Medication adherence in patients with dementia: an Austrian cohort studyBernhard Haider
Department of Neurology, LNK Wagner Jauregg Department of Neurology, Hospital Brothers of Charity Department of Applied Systems Research and Statistics, Johannes Kepler University Department of Health Economics, Upper Austrian Sickness Fund Department of Neurogeriatric Medicine and Remobilisation, Hospital Sisters of Charity, Linz Department of Neurology, Division of Special Neurology, Medical University of Graz, Graz, Austria
Alzheimer Dis Assoc Disord 28:128-33. 2014..Our study shows that memantine-treated patients adhere significantly better to treatment. Specifically, after 12 months, 45.0% discontinued medication, 7.9% switched, and 50.8% of patients on therapy were compliant. ..
- Ergot and triptan overuse in Austria--an evaluation of clinical data and costC Lampl
Department of Neurology, Psychiatry and Pain Centre, General Hospital Linz, Linz, Austria
Cephalalgia 22:807-11. 2002....
- Efficacy and safety of interferon beta-1b sc in older RRMS patients--a posthoc analysis of the BEYOND studyChristian Lampl
Department of Neurogeriatric Medicine, Hospital Sisters of Charity, Seilerstaette 4, Linz, Austria
J Neurol 260:1838-45. 2013..047). Only minor differences in adverse event frequencies between the age groups for the two cut-offs were seen. These results indicate that IFNB-1b is as efficacious and safe in patients ≥ 50 years as <50 years of age...
- Relationship of locus of control in women with migraine and healthy volunteersChristian Lampl
Department of Neurology, Pain and Headache Center, General Hospital, Linz, Austria
Headache 43:878-83. 2003..To investigate potential differences in various aspects of personality in women with migraine with aura, without aura, and in healthy volunteers...