Affiliation: Konventhospital Barmherzige Brueder
- [Psychosocial characteristics of deaf people: evaluation of data from a special outpatient clinic for the deaf]J Fellinger
Institut für Sinnes und Sprachneurologie, Gesundheitszentrum für Gehörlose, Konventhospital Barmherzige Brüder, Linz, Osterreich
Nervenarzt 76:43-51. 2005..With specific outpatient clinics for the deaf in which members of the therapeutic team are competent in sign language, access to health services is equally possible for deaf people...
- Mental health of deaf peopleJohannes Fellinger
Health Centre for the Deaf, Institute of Neurology of Senses and Language, Hospital of St John of God, Linz, Austria
Lancet 379:1037-44. 2012..Improved access to health and mental health care can be achieved by provision of specialist services with professionals trained to directly communicate with deaf people and with sign-language interpreters...
- Correlates of mental health disorders among children with hearing impairmentsJohannes Fellinger
Health Centre for the Deaf, Hospital of St John of God, Linz, Austria
Dev Med Child Neurol 51:635-41. 2009..The aim of this study was to elucidate factors related to the high rate of mental health disorders seen in those with impaired hearing, including social factors and audiological measures...
- The impact of language skills on mental health in teenagers with hearing impairmentsJ Fellinger
Health Centre for the Deaf, Hospital St John of God, Bischofstrasse 11, Linz, Austria
Acta Psychiatr Scand 120:153-9. 2009..The aim of this study was to examine the relationship of language competence level and mental distress in teenagers with hearing impairments...
- Mental distress and quality of life in a deaf populationJohannes Fellinger
Health Centre for the Deaf, Hospital St John of God, Bischofstr 11, 4021 Linz, Austria
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 40:737-42. 2005..The assessment of the level of mental distress and quality of life in the deaf community is difficult due to communication problems in spoken and written language. The deaf community is characterized by the use of sign language...
- An innovative and reliable way of measuring health-related quality of life and mental distress in the deaf communityJohannes Fellinger
Health Centre for the Deaf, Hospital St John of God, Bischofstr 11, 4021, Linz, Austria
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 40:245-50. 2005..This paper describes the development and reliability of an interactive computer-based assessment package for measuring quality of life and psychological distress in the deaf population...
- Mental health and quality of life in deaf pupilsJohannes Fellinger
Institut fuer Sinnes und Sprachneurologie, Barmherzige Brueder, Linz, Austria
Eur Child Adolesc Psychiatry 17:414-23. 2008..Mental health and quality of life were found to be unrelated to the child's degree of deafness...
- Failure to detect deaf-blindness in a population of people with intellectual disabilityJ Fellinger
Hospital St John of God, Health Centre for the Deaf, Linz, Austria
J Intellect Disabil Res 53:874-81. 2009..Previous studies indicate that deaf-blindness is often missed. We aim to discover the extent to which deaf-blindness in people with intellectual disability (ID) is undiagnosed...
- Prevalence of 2.2 per mille of significant hearing loss at school age suggests rescreening after NHSDaniel Holzinger
Hospital of St John of God, Institute for Senses and Language, Linz, Austria University of Graz, Institute of Linguistics, Graz, Austria Electronic address
Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 87:121-5. 2016....
- Creating innovative clinical and service models for communication: Institut fuer Sinnes- und SprachneurologieJohannes Fellinger
Institute of Neurology of Senses and Language, Hospital St John of God, Linz, Austria
J Dev Behav Pediatr 35:148-53. 2014..This article describes the development of a comprehensive program that provides services for the whole range of patients with communication and problems over the life span. ..
- Deterioration of metabolic parameters during short-term psychiatric inpatient treatment: a prospective naturalistic studyHans Rittmannsberger
Department of Psychiatry 1, Landesnervenklinik Wagner Jauregg, Linz, Austria
Int J Psychiatry Clin Pract 16:8-17. 2012..To investigate the influence of a single episode of psychiatric inpatient treatment on metabolic parameters...
- Mental distress and quality of life in the hard of hearingJ Fellinger
Health Centre for the Deaf, Hospital St John of God, Linz, Austria
Acta Psychiatr Scand 115:243-5. 2007..This study aims to compare levels of psychological distress and the quality of life in the hard of hearing with levels reported by the signing deaf, and the hearing population...