Affiliation: Innsbruck Medical University
- [Depression in cancer patients]Barbara Sperner-Unterweger
Department für Psychiatrie und Psychotherapie, Medizinische Universitat Innsbruck, Anichstrasse 35, 6020, Innsbruck, Osterreich
Wien Med Wochenschr 165:297-303. 2015..Although the number of clinical trials using either psychotherapy or antidepressant medication for the therapy of depression in cancer patients is limited, good therapeutic options are available...
- Immune changes and neurotransmitters: possible interactions in depression?Barbara Sperner-Unterweger
Clinic for Biological Psychiatry, Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Innsbruck Medical University, Anichstr 35, 6020 Innsbruck, Austria Electronic address
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 48:268-76. 2014..Recent data suggests that oxidative loss of BH4 in chronic inflammatory conditions can reduce the biosynthesis of catecholamines, which may relate to disturbed adrenergic neurotransmitter pathways in patients. ..
- [Psycho-oncology - psychosocial oncology: integration in a concept of oncological treatment]B Sperner-Unterweger
Univ Klinik für Biologische Psychiatrie, C L Vernetzungsbereich, Medizinische Universitat, Innsbruck, Osterreich
Nervenarzt 82:371-8; quiz 379-380. 2011..Psycho-oncological interventions include psychological/psychotherapeutic, as well as psychopharmacologic interventions...
- Do obese women benefit less from adjuvant endocrine therapy with aromatase inhibitors? Preliminary analysis on the association of BMI and aromatase inhibitor plasma levelsD Egle
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Medical University of Innsbruck, Innsbruck, Austria Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Medical University of Innsbruck, Innsbruck, Austria Institute of Legal Medicine, Medical University Innsbruck, Innsbruck, Austria
J Clin Oncol 29:e11118. 2011..However, little evidence is available regarding the potential interactions among adjuvant antihormonal treatment and obesity. We aimed at investigating the association of BMI and anastrozole plasma levels adjusted for age...
- Impact of GvHD on quality of life in long-term survivors of haematopoietic transplantationS Pallua
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Innsbruck Medical University, Innsbruck, Austria
Bone Marrow Transplant 45:1534-9. 2010..Taking into account, that the prevalence of GvHD might be higher in patients after PBSCT compared with patients after BMT, PBSCT is expected to lead to more severe impairments of QOL than BMT...
- IDO and clinical conditions associated with depressive symptomsClaudia Kohl
Dept of Biological Psychiatry, Medical University Innsbruck, Innsbruck, Austria
Curr Drug Metab 8:283-7. 2007..Based on this connection research approaches addressing different clinical conditions with depressive symptoms and immunological involvement have been considered. This review provides an overview on the latest research in the field...
- Six independent domains are defined by geriatric assessment in elderly cancer patientsR Stauder
Department of Internal Medicine, Innsbruck Medical University, Austria
Crit Rev Oncol Hematol 74:97-105. 2010..Geriatric assessment (GA) must be integrated into treatment concepts for elderly cancer patients. Aim of this study was to assess the coverage of a large battery of GA instruments by determining the number of independent domains measured...
- [Patients, physicians and nursing personnel in intensive care units: Psychological and psychotherapeutic interventions]V Meraner
Department für Psychiatrie, Psychotherapie und Psychosomatik, Medizinische Universitat Innsbruck, Anichstraße 35, 6020, Innsbruck, Osterreich
Nervenarzt 87:264-8. 2016..Properly functioning teamwork increases job satisfaction and is the key to an optimal therapy for the patients...
- Bone mineral density and bone metabolism in patients with major depressive disorder without somatic comorbiditiesP Malik
Department of Biological Psychiatry, Medical University, Anichstrasse 35, 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 44:58-63. 2013..Several mechanisms have been discussed as causative factors, e.g. lifestyle, selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) intake, or the influence of proinflammatory cytokines...
- A new approach to combining clinical relevance and statistical significance for evaluation of quality of life changes in the individual patientG Kemmler
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Innsbruck Medical University, Innsbruck, Tyrol 6020, Austria
J Clin Epidemiol 63:171-9. 2010..Suggestion of a new criterion trying to overcome the drawbacks of former criteria...