- Adolescence and other risk factors for Chlamydia trachomatis genitourinary infection in women in Melbourne, AustraliaH Williams
Family Planning Victoria, Melbourne, Australia
Sex Transm Infect 79:31-4. 2003..To establish the prevalence of and risk factors for Chlamydia trachomatis infection to determine the role of universal versus targeted testing...
- Missing pelvic inflammatory disease? Substantial differences in the rate at which doctors diagnose PIDA Doxanakis
Melbourne Sexual Health Centre, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Sex Transm Infect 84:518-23. 2008..The clinical diagnosis of pelvic inflammatory disease (PID) is subjective. Our aim was to determine if the pattern of diagnosis of PID among experienced clinicians varied compared with the diagnosis of genital warts...
- What female patients feel about the offer of a chaperone by a male sexual health practitionerC Simanjuntak
School of Population Health, Melbourne Sexual Health Centre, 580 Swanson Street, Carlton 3053, Melbourne, Australia
Int J STD AIDS 20:165-7. 2009..The results reassure that when a female patient declines the offer of a chaperone within a sexual health clinic, the male practitioner can feel confident that this is the expression of the patient's wish...
- Correlation between self-reported cocaine use and urine toxicology in an inner-city prenatal populationM K Lindsay
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia 30303, USA
J Natl Med Assoc 89:57-60. 1997..This analysis revealed a poor correlation between self-reported cocaine use and the results of urine assays for cocaine metabolites among women seeking prenatal care in an inner-city institution...
- Worldwide time trends for symptoms of rhinitis and conjunctivitis: Phase III of the International Study of Asthma and Allergies in ChildhoodBengt Bjorksten
Institute of Environmental Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Pediatr Allergy Immunol 19:110-24. 2008..The increases were more pronounced in the older age group, suggesting that environmental influences on the development of allergy may not be limited to early childhood...
- International correlations between indicators of prevalence, hospital admissions and mortality for asthma in childrenH R Anderson
Division of Community Health Sciences, St George s, University of London, UK
Int J Epidemiol 37:573-82. 2008..There are extensive data on the prevalence of childhood asthma world-wide but the relationships between asthma symptom prevalence, mortality and hospital admissions have not been investigated...
- Association between paracetamol use in infancy and childhood, and risk of asthma, rhinoconjunctivitis, and eczema in children aged 6-7 years: analysis from Phase Three of the ISAAC programmeRichard Beasley
Medical Research Institute of New Zealand, Wellington, New Zealand
Lancet 372:1039-48. 2008..We studied 6-7-year-old children from Phase Three of the International Study of Asthma and Allergies in Childhood (ISAAC) programme to investigate the association between paracetamol consumption and asthma...