Ian R Rogers
Affiliation: Western Australia
- Respiratory function changes in a wilderness multisport endurance competition: a prospective case studyIan R Rogers
Department of Emergency Medicine, Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital, Perth, Australia
Wilderness Environ Med 13:135-9. 2002..To document serially and in detail the changes in respiratory function during competition in a typical wilderness multisport endurance athlete...
- Exercise-associated hyponatremia: overzealous fluid consumptionIan R Rogers
Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital, Nedlands, Western Australia
Wilderness Environ Med 20:139-43. 2009..I thank the authors for their diligent efforts.)..
- Tympanic thermometry is unsuitable as a screening tool for hypothermia after open water swimmingIan R Rogers
Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital, Nedlands, WA 6009 Australia
Wilderness Environ Med 18:218-21. 2007....
- An intervention study of oral versus intravenous hypertonic saline administration in ultramarathon runners with exercise-associated hyponatremia: a preliminary randomized trialIan R Rogers
Discipline of Emergency Medicine, University of Western Australia, Western Australia, Australia Department of Medicine, Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital, Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Clin J Sport Med 21:200-3. 2011..To determine whether asymptomatic exercise-associated hyponatremia (EAH) in ultramarathon runners can be corrected with either oral or intravenous (IV) 3% hypertonic saline (HTS)...
- Why don't trainees pass the emergency medicine fellowship examination?Ian R Rogers
Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital, Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Emerg Med Australas 16:336-42. 2004..Each of these potential factors needs to be addressed in a systematic fashion in the context of inevitable and increasing internal and external scrutiny of the outcomes of our training programme...
- Hypothermia is a significant medical risk of mass participation long-distance open water swimmingDomhnall Brannigan
Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital, Nedlands, WA, Australia
Wilderness Environ Med 20:14-8. 2009..To document the prevalence of hypothermia in a mass participation endurance open water swimming event and to determine demographic and individual factors that may predict failure to finish the race and hypothermia...
- Water intoxication: a possible complication during endurance exercise--a commentaryIan R Rogers
Discipline of Emergency Medicine, University of Western Australia, Nedlands, Australia
Wilderness Environ Med 16:219-20. 2005
- What do junior doctors want in start-of-term orientation?Seonaid Mulroy
King Edward Hospital for Women, Perth, WA, Australia
Med J Aust 186:S37-9. 2007..Use of a standardised proforma with peer-to-peer delivery can facilitate a smooth orientation...
- Update on the fellowship exam and its relation to modern educational principles and clinical competencyWayne Hazell
Middlemore Hospital, Counties Manukau District Health Board, Otahuhu, Auckland University, New Zealand
Emerg Med Australas 17:263-5. 2005..Any subsequent changes to the exam structure must take into account the evidence and be balanced by what is practicable, reasonable and deliverable...
- Australian Curriculum Framework for Junior DoctorsIan S Graham
Postgraduate Medical Council of Victoria, Melbourne, Vic, Australia
Med J Aust 186:S14-9. 2007..The implementation of the curriculum framework will be overseen by a steering group that includes representatives from key stakeholder groups, including junior doctors and medical students...