Affiliation: Western Australia
- Informing public health policy through deliberative public engagement: perceived impact on participants and citizen-government relationsCaron Molster
Department of Health, Office of Population Health Genomics, Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Genet Test Mol Biomarkers 17:713-8. 2013..Scholars suggest a range of potential outcomes for citizens and government agencies from involvement in such processes. Few studies have examined outcomes from the perspective of citizen participants in deliberative processes...
- Blueprint for a deliberative public forum on biobanking policy: were theoretical principles achievable in practice?Caron Molster
Office of Population Health Genomics, Department of Health, Perth, WA 6849, USA
Health Expect 16:211-24. 2013..Several norms have been proposed for the design of deliberative methods. Evidence is scarce regarding whether such norms are achievable in practice...
- Key outcomes from stakeholder workshops at a symposium to inform the development of an Australian national plan for rare diseasesCaron Molster
Office of Population Health Genomics, Department of Health, PO Box 8172, Stirling Street, Perth, 6849, Western Australia, Australia
Orphanet J Rare Dis 7:50. 2012....
- An Australian approach to the policy translation of deliberated citizen perspectives on biobankingCaron Molster
Office of Population Health Genomics, Department of Health, Curtin University of Technology, Perth, WA, Australia
Public Health Genomics 15:82-91. 2012..This paper describes the processes we undertook to design a deliberative public forum for citizens to develop recommendations on biobanking that were adopted as health policy...
- Australian study on public knowledge of human genetics and healthC Molster
Office of Population Health Genomics, Health Policy and Clinical Reform Division, Department of Health, Perth, WA, Australia
Public Health Genomics 12:84-91. 2009..It explored knowledge of genetic risk of disease, inheritance, biology, determinism, and factors that predict relatively higher genetic knowledge within the general population...
- A survey of folate knowledge and consumer behaviours in Western Australia prior to the introduction of mandatory food fortificationCaron Molster
Office of Population Health Genomics, Division of Public Health, Department of Health, Stirling Street, Perth, Western Australia 6849
Aust N Z J Public Health 33:577-82. 2009..Prior to the introduction of mandatory folic acid fortification in September 2009, this study collected baseline data on folate awareness, knowledge of pregnancy-relevant public health messages and consumer behaviours in Western Australia...
- Motivating intentions to adopt risk-reducing behaviours for chronic diseases: impact of a public health tool for collecting family health historiesCaron Molster
Department of Health, East Perth, Western Australia
Health Promot J Austr 22:57-62. 2011..This study investigated the impact of a collection tool for a Family Health History Program in Western Australia upon uptake of key health messages and intentions to adopt risk-reducing behaviours for chronic diseases...