Affiliation: Western Australia
- Early experience with influenza A H1N109 in an Australian intensive care unitTim Leen
ICU, Royal Perth Hospital, Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Intensive Crit Care Nurs 26:207-14. 2010..The requirement for single room accommodation placed enormous demands for bed management in ICU. Specific infection control procedures were developed to deal with this new pandemic influenza...
- A qualitative exploration of nurse's perception of Critical Outreach Service: a before and after studyMariyam Athifa
Centre for Nursing Research Innovation and Quality, Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital, Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Aust Crit Care 24:39-47. 2011....
- Reducing interruptions to continuous enteral nutrition in the intensive care unit: a comparative studyTeresa A Williams
Discipline of Emergency Medicine M516, School of Primary, Aboriginal and Rural Health Care SPARHC, The University of Western Australia and Research Fellow, ICU Royal Perth Hospital, Perth, WA, Australia
J Clin Nurs 22:2838-48. 2013..To develop and test strategies to reduce interruptions to enteral feeding to improve practice and promote attainment of nutritional goals...
- Frequency of aspirating gastric tubes for patients receiving enteral nutrition in the ICU: a randomized controlled trialTeresa A Williams
Prehospital Resuscitation and Emergency Care Research Unit, Faculty of Health Sciences, Curtin University and Research Fellow, ICU Royal Perth Hospital, Bentley, Western Australia Intensive Care Unit, Royal Perth Hospital, Perth, Western Australia
JPEN J Parenter Enteral Nutr 38:809-16. 2014..No studies have been conducted to assess the most appropriate time interval for aspirating gastric tubes. We compared gastric tube aspirations every 4 hours (usual care) with a variable regimen (up to every 8 hours aspirations)...
- Discharge delay, room for improvement?Teresa A Williams
Curtin Health Innovation Research Institute, Curtin University and Critical Care Division, Royal Perth Hospital, Western Australia, Australia
Aust Crit Care 23:141-9. 2010..We examined the hypothesis that the introduction of a critical care outreach role would decrease the frequency of discharge delay from ICU...