- Photodynamic therapy with topical methyl aminolaevulinate for 'difficult-to-treat' basal cell carcinomaC Vinciullo
Fremantle Hospital, Fremantle, Western Australia, Australia
Br J Dermatol 152:765-72. 2005..Photodynamic therapy (PDT) using topical methyl aminolaevulinate (MAL) may be a good noninvasive option for these patients...
- Useful subcutaneous suture technique to optimize wound edge apposition and avoid 'dog ears'Carl Vinciullo
Royal Perth Hospital, Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Australas J Dermatol 47:139-42. 2006..A simple, practical and efficient surgical technique is described, which can provide the optimal conditions for a perfect scar...
- Oral antibiotics versus topical decolonization to prevent surgical site infection after Mohs micrographic surgery--a randomized, controlled trialPaul Cherian
Oxford Day Surgery and Dermatology, Mt Hawthorn, Western Australia, Australia
Dermatol Surg 39:1486-93. 2013..We compared the rates of infection in patients undergoing Mohs micrographic surgery (MMS) with nasal carriage of Staphylococcus aureus who received oral antibiotics or topical decolonization...
- Nasal carriage of Staphylococcus aureus in patients undergoing Mohs micrographic surgery is an important risk factor for postoperative surgical site infection: a prospective randomised studyYee J Tai
Oxford Day Surgery and Dermatology, Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Australas J Dermatol 54:109-14. 2013..Previous reports have cited nasal Staphylococcus aureus (S. aureus) carriage as a risk factor for SSI, but none thus far in dermatologic surgery...
- Periocular Mohs micrographic surgery in Western Australia 2009-2012: A single centre retrospective review and proposal for practice benchmarksLouise O'Halloran
Department of Dermatology, Royal Perth Hospital, Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Australas J Dermatol . 2016..Periocular skin tumours pose management challenges with literature supporting a multidisciplinary approach. This retrospective review identifies trends in multidisciplinary management, ascertaining potential benchmarks for practice review...
- Telepathology as an aid in mohs micrographic surgerySuresh Chandra
Dermatology Surgery and Laser Center, South Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Dermatol Surg 30:945-7. 2004..The Internet transmission of digital images of the pathology (telepathology) allows for such opinions to be easily and rapidly obtained...
- Assessment and management of chemical exposure in the Mohs laboratoryTodd H Gunson
Oxford Day Surgery and Dermatology, Perth, Western Australia
Dermatol Surg 37:1-9. 2011..The correct handling, storage, and disposal of chemicals used in the processing of tissue for Mohs micrographic surgery are essential...