Matthew J W Thomas
Affiliation: University of South Australia
- Crew familiarity: operational experience, non-technical performance, and error managementMatthew J W Thomas
Centre for Applied Behavioural Science, University of South Australia, Woodville
Aviat Space Environ Med 77:41-5. 2006..However, little evidence exists to unpack the underlying processes with respect to familiarity. This study investigated the relationships between crew familiarity, non-technical performance, and error management...
- Prior sleep, prior wake, and crew performance during normal flight operationsMatthew J W Thomas
University of South Australia, Adelaide, SA, Australia
Aviat Space Environ Med 81:665-70. 2010....
- Mapping the limits of safety reporting systems in health care--what lessons can we actually learn?Matthew J W Thomas
School of Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy, University of South Australia, Adelaide, Australia
Med J Aust 194:635-9. 2011..To assess the utility of Australian health care incident reporting systems and determine the depth of information available within a typical system...
- Restricted sleep and negative affective states in commercial pilots during short haul operationsD Arthur Drury
Centre for Sleep Research, University of South Australia, GPO Box 2471, Adelaide, South Australia 5001, Australia
Accid Anal Prev 45:80-4. 2012..The relationship between restricted sleep and HEA suggests that there may well be further implications with respect to operational safety...
- Fatigue-proofing: a new approach to reducing fatigue-related risk using the principles of error managementDrew Dawson
Centre for Sleep Research, Playford Building, University of South Australia, City East Campus, Frome Road, Adelaide, SA 5000, Australia
Sleep Med Rev 16:167-75. 2012....
- Flight hours and flight crew performance in commercial aviationMelanie A Todd
School of Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy, University of South Australia, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Aviat Space Environ Med 83:776-82. 2012..To examine the relationship between a pilot's flight hours and their performance...
- Work hours and sleep/wake behavior of Australian hospital doctorsSally A Ferguson
Centre for Sleep Research, University of South Australia, Adelaide, Australia
Chronobiol Int 27:997-1012. 2010..In this population of Australian hospital doctors, total hours worked do impact sleep, but the pattern of work, together with other nonwork factors are also important mediators...
- The breakdown of coordinated decision making in distributed systemsChristopher Bearman
University of South Australia, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Hum Factors 52:173-88. 2010..This article aims to explore the nature and resolution of breakdowns in coordinated decision making in distributed safety-critical systems...