Affiliation: University of South Australia
- Towards evidence-based general practice in rural and remote Australia: an overview of key issues and a model for practiceJ Taylor
PHC_RED Primary Health Care Research, Evaluation and Development, South Australian Centre for Rural and Remote Health, University of South Australia, Whyalla Campus
Rural Remote Health 1:106. 2001..This model may enable the clinical decision-making process to integrate clinical experience, patient preferences and an understanding of the rural context of practice with the best available evidence, to in turn produce best practice...
- Evidence-based rural general practice: barriers and solutions in South AustraliaJ Taylor
Rural Remote Health 2:116. 2002..The objective of the paper was to identify perceived barriers and potential solutions to evidence-based general practice in rural and remote South Australia...
- Intergenerational learning about keeping health: a qualitative regional Australian studyJudy Taylor
Corresponding author E mail
Health Promot Int 29:361-8. 2014....
- A role for communities in primary prevention of chronic illness? Case studies in regional AustraliaJudy Taylor
School of Medicine and Dentistry, James Cook University, Douglas, Townsville 4811, QLD, Australia
Qual Health Res 23:1103-13. 2013..We call this a communitarian approach. Additional research to investigate factors influencing a communitarian approach and the role it plays in partnerships is required. ..
- The Station Community Mental Health Centre Inc: nurturing and empoweringJudy Taylor
Centre for Rural Health and Community Development, Spencer Gulf Rural Health School, University of South Australia, University of Adelaide, Whyalla Norrie, South Australia, Australia
Rural Remote Health 10:1411. 2010..Using a realist evaluation approach, the evaluation identified the contextual factors and the program mechanisms that produce positive outcomes for members...
- Community participation in organising rural general practice: is it sustainable?Judy Taylor
Spencer Gulf Rural Health School, University of South Australia, Whyalla Norrie, South Australia, Australia
Aust J Rural Health 14:144-7. 2006..We analysed community participation in organising rural general medical practice in order to suggest ways to extend and sustain it...
- Unique issues in research and evaluation in rural and remote locations: is there a place for specific research training?Judy Taylor
Spencer Gulf Rural Health School UniSA Adelaide University, Whyalla Norrie, South Australia, Australia
Rural Remote Health 5:351. 2005..We were interested to know whether there was interest in a formal course (Rural Research and Evaluation) that would address these issues and provide information about community-based research designs...
- Improving transfer of mental health care for rural and remote consumers in South AustraliaJudy Taylor
Spencer Gulf Rural Health School, Centre for Rural Health and Community Development, University of SA, University of Adelaide, Nicolson Ave Whyalla Norrie, South Australia, Australia
Health Soc Care Community 17:216-24. 2009..Extending the use of this model to other primary mental healthcare providers and tertiary facilities will improve transfer of care...
- Community participation in rural primary health care: intervention or approach?Robyn Preston
School of Medicine and Dentistry, James Cook University, Douglas, QId 4811, Australia
Aust J Prim Health 16:4-16. 2010....
- 'They get a bit funny about going'--transfer issues for rural and remote Australian Aboriginal peopleGeorgina Stamp
Rural Remote Health 6:536. 2006....
- Increasing community participation in an Aboriginal health serviceSonia Champion
Spencer Gulf Rural Health School, UniSA Adelaide University, Centre for Rural Health and Community Development, Whyalla Norrie, South Australia, Australia
Aust J Rural Health 16:297-301. 2008..To increase Aboriginal participation with mainstream health professionals in an Aboriginal health and well-being centre...
- Building blocks for social accountability: a conceptual framework to guide medical schoolsRobyn Preston
College of Medicine and Dentistry, Division of Tropical Health and Medicine, James Cook University, 1 James Cook Drive, Townsville, QLD, 4811, Australia
BMC Med Educ 16:227. 2016..This paper presents a conceptual framework developed from empirical evidence, to guide medical schools aspiring towards greater social accountability...
- Integrated support for Aboriginal tertiary students in health-related courses: the Pika Wiya Learning CentreMaree Adams
Spencer Gulf Rural Health School, University of South Australia and The University of Adelaide, Whyalla Norrie, SA
Aust Health Rev 29:482-8. 2005..This paper reports on the Centre's strengths that may represent best practice in student support, and the obstacles to further development...
- Handling equipment installation and training challengesJudy Taylor
Biomed Instrum Technol 40:96. 2006
- Using community collaboration to develop the first successful needs assessment of the street homeless population in CanadaSusan Farrell
Centre for Research on Community Services, University of Ottawa, Canada
J Interprof Care 18:197-201. 2004
- Sociodemographic differences in exposure to health informationRuby Benjamin-Garner
Houston Medical School, University of Texas, 77030, USA
Ethn Dis 12:124-34. 2002..Baseline data from the Heart Attack REACT Study provided the opportunity to explore population subgroup differences in exposure to health information in an ethnically diverse sample from 5 regions across the United States...