Affiliation: University of Queensland
- Motivations for self-injury in an adolescent inpatient population: development of a self-report measureSarah Swannell
Department of Psychiatry, University of Queensland, Herston, QLD, Australia
Australas Psychiatry 16:98-103. 2008..The aim of this study was to develop and pilot an instrument for the assessment of self-injury in adolescent inpatients...
- Methodological issues associated with collecting sensitive information over the telephone--experience from an Australian non-suicidal self-injury (NSSI) prevalence studyAnne W Taylor
Population Research and Outcome Studies, School of Medicine, University of Adelaide, Adelaide 5000, Australia
BMC Med Res Methodol 11:20. 2011..Collecting these data via a large scale population survey presents challenges to survey methodologists. This paper addresses the methodological issues associated with collecting this type of data via CATI...
- Suicidal ideation, suicide attempts and non-suicidal self-injury among lesbian, gay, bisexual and heterosexual adults: Findings from an Australian national studySarah Swannell
Discipline of Psychiatry, School of Medicine, The University of Queensland, Herston, QLD, Australia
Aust N Z J Psychiatry 50:145-53. 2016....
- Child maltreatment, subsequent non-suicidal self-injury and the mediating roles of dissociation, alexithymia and self-blameSarah Swannell
Discipline of Psychiatry, School of Medicine, The University of Queensland, Mental Health Centre, Royal Brisbane and Women s Hospital, Herston, Australia
Child Abuse Negl 36:572-84. 2012..The current retrospective case-control study examined associations between child maltreatment and later NSSI, and investigated the mediating roles of dissociation, alexithymia, and self-blame...
- Spray on skin improves psychosocial functioning in pediatric burns patients: a randomized controlled trialGraham Martin
Department of Psychiatry, The University of Queensland, Australia
Burns 34:498-504. 2008..It binds to the epidermis and the patient can sweat and swim with it on. The purpose of the current study was to determine whether Microskin produces psychosocial benefit in pediatric burns patients...
- Sociodemographic correlates of antidepressant utilisation in AustraliaAndrew N Page
School of Population Health, University of Queensland, Brisbane, QLD, Australia
Med J Aust 190:479-83. 2009..To investigate sociodemographic variation in antidepressant utilisation...
- The nature and extent of non-suicidal self-injury in a non-clinical sample of young adultsPenelope Hasking
School of Psychology, Psychiatry and Psychological Medicine, Monash University, Melbourne, Australia
Arch Suicide Res 12:208-18. 2008..The extent of these differences was magnified as the severity of NSSI increased. These findings highlight the need to consider any form of NSSI, no matter how mild, as an indication of distress and ineffective coping...