Bernard M Smithers
Affiliation: University of Queensland
- Similarity of aberrant DNA methylation in Barrett's esophagus and esophageal adenocarcinomaEric Smith
School of Nursing and Midwifery, Flinders University, Bedford Park, South Australia 5042, Australia
Mol Cancer 7:75. 2008..This study was designed to determine at what stage, in the progression from BE to EAC, methylation of key genes occurs...
- Comparison of the outcomes between open and minimally invasive esophagectomyBernard M Smithers
Upper Gastrointestinal and Soft Tissue Unit, University of Queensland, Princess Alexandra Hospital, Woolloongabba, Queensland, Australia
Ann Surg 245:232-40. 2007....
- Thoracoscopic-assisted esophagectomy for esophageal cancer: analysis of patterns and prognostic factors for recurrenceIain G Thomson
Upper Gastrointestinal and Soft Tissue Unit, The University of Queensland, Princess Alexandra Hospital, Queensland, Australia
Ann Surg 252:281-91. 2010..The authors report the recurrence pattern of esophageal cancer after thoracoscopic-assisted esophagectomy (TAE), comparing it to the recurrence pattern after open surgery and identify prognostic factors for recurrence...
- Treatment results of curative gastric resection from a specialist Australian unit: low volume with satisfactory outcomesIain G Thomson
Upper Gastrointestinal and Soft Tissue Unit, Princess Alexandra Hospital, Brisbane, QLD, Australia
Gastric Cancer 17:152-60. 2014..Our aim is to report the perioperative and oncological outcomes of curative gastric resection from a specialist Australian upper GI unit...
- Symptoms, investigations and management of patients with cancer of the oesophagus and gastro-oesophageal junction in AustraliaBernard M Smithers
Upper GI and Soft Tissue Unit, Division of Surgery, Princess Alexandra Hospital, Brisbane, QLD, Australia
Med J Aust 193:572-7. 2010..To document presenting symptoms, investigations and management for Australian patients with oesophageal adenocarcinoma (OAC), gastro-oesophageal junction adenocarcinoma (GOJAC) and oesophageal squamous cell carcinoma (OSCC)...