Affiliation: University of Western Sydney
- A Systematic Review of Post-traumatic Stress Disorder and Depression Amongst Iraqi Refugees Located in Western CountriesShameran Slewa-Younan
Mental Health, School of Medicine, University of Western Sydney, Locked Bag 1791, Penrith, NSW, 2751, Australia
J Immigr Minor Health 17:1231-9. 2015..This systematic review indicates that prevalence of PTSD and depression is high and should be taken into consideration when developing mental health early intervention and treatment services. ..
- The changing demographic profile of eating disorder behaviors in the communityDeborah Mitchison
School of Medicine, University of Western Sydney, Locked Bag 1797, Penrith, NSW 2751, Australia
BMC Public Health 14:943. 2014..The perception that eating disorders occur predominantly in young white upper-class women has been challenged. This study examined temporal differences to the demographic correlates of eating disorder behaviors over a 10-year period...
- Assessment of quality of life in people with severe and enduring anorexia nervosa: a comparison of generic and specific instrumentsDeborah Mitchison
School of Medicine, University of Western Sydney, Sydney, Australia
BMC Psychiatry 13:284. 2013..This study aimed to compare the psychometric properties of a generic to a disease-specific measure of HRQoL...
- Measures of psychophysiological arousal among resettled traumatized Iraqi refugees seeking psychological treatmentShameran Slewa-Younan
Mental Health, School of Medicine, The University of Western Sydney, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
J Trauma Stress 25:348-52. 2012..This finding highlights the importance of examining levels of arousal in refugees presenting with mental health complaints to provide appropriate treatment strategies...
- Towards an understanding of sex differences in functional outcome following moderate to severe traumatic brain injury: a systematic reviewS Slewa-Younan
Rehabilitation Studies Unit, Faculty of Medicine, University of Sydney, NSW 2006, Australia
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 79:1197-201. 2008..It was predicted that women would exhibit better functional outcome than men...
- Long-term mortality trends in patients with traumatic brain injuryI Baguley
Brain Injury Rehabilitation Service, Westmead Hospital, NSW, Australia
Brain Inj 14:505-12. 2000..5%) using Australian Life Table data. It was found that patients with TBI had a significantly higher mortality rate than the general population (chi2 = 12.2, p < 0.001). Possible reasons for this finding are discussed...
- Prolonged anti-spasticity effects of bolus intrathecal baclofenI J Baguley
Brain Injury Rehabilitation Service, Westmead Hospital, Wentworthville, NSW, Australia
Brain Inj 19:545-8. 2005..However, SEMG also revealed a marked and persisting reduction in abnormal muscle activity for 96 hours post-bolus ITB, well beyond the pharmacological washout period of baclofen in the CSF...
- Self-reported history of anorexia nervosa and current quality of life: findings from a community-based studyD Mitchison
School of Medicine, University of Western Sydney, Locked Bag 1797, Penrith, NSW, 2751, Australia
Qual Life Res 22:273-81. 2013..To evaluate the impact of a lifetime history of anorexia nervosa (AN) on current quality of life (QoL) and eating disorder (ED) symptomatology...