Genomes and Genes
Kieran M Short
Affiliation: University of Adelaide
- MID1 and MID2 homo- and heterodimerise to tether the rapamycin-sensitive PP2A regulatory subunit, alpha 4, to microtubules: implications for the clinical variability of X-linked Opitz GBBB syndrome and other developmental disordersKieran M Short
Department of Molecular Biosciences and ARC Special Research Centre for the Molecular Genetics of Development, University of Adelaide, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia 5005
BMC Cell Biol 3:1. 2002..A protein highly related to MID1, called MID2, has also been described that similarly associates with microtubules...
- Subclassification of the RBCC/TRIM superfamily reveals a novel motif necessary for microtubule bindingKieran M Short
School of Molecular and Biomedical Science, University of Adelaide, Adelaide, South Australia 5005, Australia
J Biol Chem 281:8970-80. 2006..This classification schema may aid the understanding of the molecular function of members of each subgroup and their potential involvement in both basic cellular processes and human disease...
- Solution structure of the RBCC/TRIM B-box1 domain of human MID1: B-box with a RINGMichael A Massiah
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, OK 74075 USA
J Mol Biol 358:532-45. 2006..One of these is likely to provide the binding interface for Alpha 4 that is required for the localized turnover of the catalytic subunit of PP2A, the major Ser/Thr phosphatase...
- Solution structure of the MID1 B-box2 CHC(D/C)C(2)H(2) zinc-binding domain: insights into an evolutionarily conserved RING foldMichael A Massiah
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, OK 74078, USA
J Mol Biol 369:1-10. 2007..Finally, the similarity in tertiary structures of the B-box2, B-box1 and RING domains suggests these domains have evolved from a common ancestor...
- Structure of the MID1 tandem B-boxes reveals an interaction reminiscent of intermolecular ring heterodimersHu Tao
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, Oklahoma 74078, USA
Biochemistry 47:2450-7. 2008..Notably, the interaction is reminiscent of the interaction of recently determined RING dimers, suggesting the possibility of an evolutionarily conserved role for B-box2 domains in regulating functional RING-type folds...
- A new X-linked syndrome with agenesis of the corpus callosum, mental retardation, coloboma, micrognathia, and a mutation in the Alpha 4 gene at Xq13John M Graham
Medical Genetics Birth Defects Center, Ahmanson Department of Pediatrics, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California 90048, USA
Am J Med Genet A 123:37-44. 2003..Altered expression of Alpha 4, through either a change in translational efficiency, mRNA stability or splicing, could explain the clinical phenotype in these boys and the phenotypic overlap with Opitz GBBB syndrome...