Affiliation: University of Notre Dame
- Evidence based exercise - clinical benefits of high intensity interval trainingTim Shiraev
University of Notre Dame, School of Medicine, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Aust Fam Physician 41:960-2. 2012..Most exercise programs prescribed for fat reduction involve continuous, moderate aerobic exercise, as per Australian Heart Foundation clinical guidelines...
- Novel Use of an Iliac Branch Device in the Treatment of an Abdominal Aortic AneurysmTimothy P Shiraev
Department of Vascular Surgery, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Camperdown, NSW, Australia Electronic address
Ann Vasc Surg 34:272.e1-4. 2016..We present the case of a 77-year-old male who underwent repair of his infrarenal aneurysm with an IBD as a bifurcated aortic stent-graft in a small diameter aorta to maintain bilateral common iliac artery patency. ..
- Threatened limb from stingray injuryTimothy P Shiraev
Department of Vascular Surgery, St George Hospital, Australia
Vascular . 2016..This case serves to highlight the utility of prostaglandin infusion, and the requirement for a multidisciplinary approach to critical limb ischemia in order to avoid major amputation...
- Open versus Endovascular Repair of Arch and Descending Thoracic Aneurysms: A Retrospective ComparisonTimothy P Shiraev
Department of Vascular Surgery, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Camperdown, NSW, Australia School of Medicine, The University of Notre Dame, Darlinghurst, NSW, Australia Electronic address
Ann Vasc Surg 31:30-8. 2016..Thoracic aortic aneurysms (TAAs) contribute significant mortality if left untreated, but surgical repair has historically carried substantial risks...
- Venous thromboembolism secondary to penile prosthesisTimothy Shiraev
Department of Surgery, St George Hospital, Kogarah, New South Wales, Australia Electronic address
Ann Vasc Surg 28:1934.e1-2. 2014..It is a potentially serious complication of penile prosthesis surgery, the risk of which can be minimized by ready awareness of this postoperative event...
- Trends in pulmonary embolism morbidity and mortality in AustraliaTimothy P Shiraev
The University of Notre Dame, Sydney, 160 Oxford St, Darlinghurst, NSW 2010 Australia
Thromb Res 132:19-25. 2013..Pulmonary embolism (PE) is a common cause of morbidity and mortality. In this study, we investigated patterns of morbidity and mortality from PE in Australia...
- MRI "row of dots sign" in gossypiboma: an enlarging mass 8 months after sarcoma resectionTimothy Shiraev
University of Notre Dame, Sydney, 160 Oxford St, Darlinghurst 2010, Australia
Skeletal Radiol 42:1017-9. 2013..Awareness of the imaging appearances of retained foreign bodies allows the inclusion of this possibility in differential diagnosis of a mass in patients with a surgical history...
- Meniscal tear - presentation, diagnosis and managementTim Shiraev
School of Medicine, Sydney Campus, University of Notre Dame Australia
Aust Fam Physician 41:182-7. 2012..The meniscus is the most commonly injured structure in the knee joint. Imaging techniques such as magnetic resonance imaging may be warranted but are no substitute for thorough clinical history and examination...