K A Shaw
Affiliation: University of Queensland
- Are tryptophan and 5-hydroxytryptophan effective treatments for depression? A meta-analysisKelly Shaw
School of Population Health, Department of Public Health, University of Queensland Medical School, Herston 4006, Australia
Aust N Z J Psychiatry 36:488-91. 2002..To review the literature regarding the effectiveness of 5-hydroxytryptophan (5-HT) and L-tryptophan in the treatment of unipolar depression...
- Tryptophan and 5-hydroxytryptophan for depressionK Shaw
School of Population Health, University of Queensland, Public Health Building, Herston Rd, Herston, Queensland, Australia, 4006
Cochrane Database Syst Rev . 2002..5 Hydroxytryptophan (5-HTP) and tryptophan are so-called natural alternatives to traditional antidepressants, used to treat unipolar depression and dysthymia...
- Attitudes and practices of general practitioners in the diagnosis and management of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorderK A Shaw
School of Population Health, University of Queensland Medical School, Herston, Queensland, Australia
J Paediatr Child Health 38:481-6. 2002..To assess understanding of, and actual and potential roles in management of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) among GPs...
- A qualitative study of Australian GPs' attitudes and practices in the diagnosis and management of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)K Shaw
Centre for General Practice, Child and Youth Mental Health Services, Royal Children s Hospital, Herston 4006, Australia
Fam Pract 20:129-34. 2003..However, GPs' views of their role in ADHD care are unknown...
- General practice: professional preparation for a pandemicNick Collins
Leumeah, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Med J Aust 185:S66-9. 2006..Administrative, clinical and financial resources must be available to train GPs and practices in pandemic awareness and response...
- Effects of calcium supplementation on bone density in healthy children: meta-analysis of randomised controlled trialsTania Winzenberg
Menzies Research Institute, Private Bag 23, Hobart, TAS 7001, Australia
BMJ 333:775. 2006..To assess the effectiveness of calcium supplementation for improving bone mineral density in healthy children and to determine if any effect is modified by other factors and persists after supplementation stops...
- Musculoskeletal conditions - what's new from Cochrane and how might this affect your practice?Tania Winzenberg
Menzies Research Institute, University of Tasmania, Australia
Aust Fam Physician 36:433-4. 2007..The first topic considers the value of calcium supplementation in children...