Affiliation: University of Sydney
- Use of Functional Capacity Evaluations by rehabilitation providers in NSWAdele Cotton
The University of Sydney, Lidcombe, NSW, Australia
Work 26:287-95. 2006..To achieve optimal use of FCEs, further research is required on the types of adaptations therapists make to commercial assessments and properties of Own Design assessments, including reliability and validity studies...
- Work conditioning, work hardening and functional restoration for workers with back and neck painE Schonstein
School of Physiotherapy, Faculty of Health Sciences, The University of Sydney, East St, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Cochrane Database Syst Rev . 2003..Previous attempts have been made to evaluate the efficacy of work-oriented back pain management programs, but none have focused exclusively on work or functional outcomes...
- WorkCover's physiotherapy forms: purpose beyond paperwork?Eva Schonstein
School of Physiotherapy, The University of Sydney, Lidcombe, New South Wales
Aust J Physiother 48:221-5. 2002..However, most physiotherapists did not provide precise, measurable or time-specific treatment goals, despite this being emphasised by WorkCover. We propose ways of improving communication practices between physiotherapists and insurers...
- Physical conditioning programs for workers with back and neck pain: a cochrane systematic reviewEva Schonstein
School of Physiotherapy, Faculty of Health Sciences, The University of Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 28:E391-5. 2003..DATA SOURCES Randomized trials were located by searching MEDLINE, EMBASE, CINAHL, PsycINFO, the Cochrane Controlled Trial Register, and PEDro...
- Occupational health systematic reviews: An overviewEva Schonstein
The University of Sydney, PO Box 170, Lidcombe, Sydney, NSW 1825, Australia
Work 26:255-8. 2006....
- Pre-employment examinations for preventing occupational injury and disease in workersNorashikin Mahmud
Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Sydney, Cumberland Campus C42, PO Box 170, Lidcombe, NSW, Australia, 1825
Cochrane Database Syst Rev 12:CD008881. 2010..Many employers and other stakeholders believe that health examinations of job applicants prevent occupational diseases and sickness absence...
- Physical conditioning programs for improving work outcomes among workers with back painFrederieke Schaafsma
Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Sydney, Lidcombe, NSW, Australia
Scand J Work Environ Health 37:1-5. 2011..The aim of this review was to assess the effect of physical conditioning programs, compared to no or alternative interventions, in reducing time lost from work among patients with back pain...
- Teaching evidence-based practice: the teachers consider the contentReza Yousefi-Nooraie
Centre for Academic and Health Policy, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
J Eval Clin Pract 13:569-75. 2007..To identify the views of evidence-based practice (EBP) experts about information that should be included in EBP courses...