Genomes and Genes
J P Rubio
Affiliation: University of Melbourne
- Replication of KIAA0350, IL2RA, RPL5 and CD58 as multiple sclerosis susceptibility genes in AustraliansJ P Rubio
The Howard Florey Institute, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Genes Immun 9:624-30. 2008....
- SNP mapping and candidate gene sequencing in the class I region of the HLA complex: searching for multiple sclerosis susceptibility genes in TasmaniansR K Burfoot
Howard Florey Institute, University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Tissue Antigens 71:42-50. 2008..We have therefore identified plausible candidates for the causal MS susceptibility allele, and although not conclusive at this stage, our data provide suggestive evidence for multiple class I MS susceptibility genes...
- Heterogeneity at the HLA-DRB1 allelic variation locus does not influence multiple sclerosis disease severity, brain atrophy or cognitionAnneke van der Walt
Department of Neurology, The Royal Melbourne Hospital, Melbourne, Australia
Mult Scler 17:344-52. 2011..We examined the influence of DR15 and other common DRB1 alleles (DRB1*01 (DR1), DRB1*03 (DR3) and DRB1*04 (DR4) on MS severity in a large, Australian, population-based cohort...
- Interleukin-2 receptor-α proximal promoter hypomethylation is associated with multiple sclerosisJ Field
Multiple Sclerosis Division, The Florey Institute of Neuroscience and Mental Health, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Vic, Australia
Genes Immun . 2017..Our data suggest that differential methylation of the IL2RA promoter in T cells could be an important pathogenic mechanism in MS.Genes and Immunity advance online publication, 12 January 2017; doi:10.1038/gene.2016.50...
- A DNA resequencing array for genes involved in Parkinson's diseaseE J Wilkins
Florey Neuroscience Institutes, Melbourne, Australia Centre for Neuroscience, The University of Melbourne, Australia
Parkinsonism Relat Disord 18:386-90. 2012....
- Validation of linear cerebral atrophy markers in multiple sclerosisH Butzkueven
Multiple Sclerosis Clinical and Research Unit, The Royal Melbourne Hospital, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
J Clin Neurosci 15:130-7. 2008..77, p<0.01) and TVW (R=-0.71, p<0.01). This study shows that ICD measurements obtained from clinical MRI scans are valid brain atrophy measures for use in monitoring MS progression...
- Small CGG repeat expansion alleles of FMR1 gene are associated with parkinsonismD Z Loesch
School of Psychological Science, La Trobe University, Melbourne Bundoora, Victoria, Australia
Clin Genet 76:471-6. 2009..33, 95% CI: 1.06-5.13), compared with controls. The results suggest that the FMR1 grey zone alleles, as well as premutation alleles, might contribute to the aetiology of disorders associated with parkinsonism...