Michael J Pianta
Affiliation: University of Melbourne
- Paired and unpaired features can be equally effective in human depth perceptionMichael J Pianta
School of Psychology, The University of New South Wales, Sydney 2052, Australia
Vision Res 43:1-6. 2003..We found strikingly that depth thresholds for the two gap conditions were the same and that there was perfect cross-adaptation of perceived depth from the unpaired to paired condition, strongly suggesting a common mechanism...
- In vivo micropathology of Best macular dystrophy with optical coherence tomographyMichael J Pianta
Department of Ophthalmology, Scheie Eye Institute, University of Pennsylvania, 51 N, 39th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Exp Eye Res 76:203-11. 2003....
- Monocular gap stereopsis: manipulation of the outer edge disparity and the shape of the gapMichael J Pianta
School of Psychology, The University of New South Wales, Sydney, New South Wales 2052, Australia
Vision Res 43:1937-50. 2003..Both these experiments imply that the visual system responds to the ambiguity of the stimulus by adopting a minimum slant constraint...
- Crumbs homolog 1 (CRB1) mutations result in a thick human retina with abnormal laminationSamuel G Jacobson
Department of Ophthalmology, Scheie Eye Institute, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Hum Mol Genet 12:1073-8. 2003..The results suggest that the CRB1 disease pathway disturbs the development of normal human retinal organization by interrupting naturally occurring apoptosis...
- The effect of surface placement and surface overlap on stereo slant contrast and enhancementBarbara J Gillam
School of Psychology, The University of New South Wales, Sydney, NSW 2052, Australia
Vision Res 45:3083-95. 2005..The arrangement of stereo surfaces is critical in predicting their relative slant...
- Clinicopathologic effects of mutant GUCY2D in Leber congenital amaurosisAnn H Milam
Department of Ophthalmology, Scheie Eye Institute, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, 51 North 39th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Ophthalmology 110:549-58. 2003..To study the retinal degeneration in an 11 -year-old patient with Leber congenital amaurosis (LCA) caused by mutation in GUCY2D...
- The significance of neuronal and glial cell changes in the rat retina during oxygen-induced retinopathyErica L Fletcher
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, The University of Melbourne, Grattan St, Parkville, VIC 3010, Australia
Doc Ophthalmol 120:67-86. 2010....
- Naturally occurring rhodopsin mutation in the dog causes retinal dysfunction and degeneration mimicking human dominant retinitis pigmentosaJames W Kijas
James A Baker Institute for Animal Health, Cornell University, 47 Hungerford Hill Road, Ithaca, NY 14853, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:6328-33. 2002..The RHO mutant dog also becomes the large animal needed for preclinical trials of therapies for a major subset of human retinopathies...