Richard K S Phoon
Affiliation: University of Sydney
- Chronic kidney disease in the elderly - assessment and managementRichard K S Phoon
Western Renal Service, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Aust Fam Physician 41:940-4. 2012..A reduction in estimated glomerular filtration rate (eGFR), and/or the presence of proteinuria, are the predominant manifestations of chronic kidney disease (CKD), which is common in the elderly population...
- Atorvastatin enhances humoral immune responses but does not alter renal injury in experimental crescentic glomerulonephritisRichard K S Phoon
Centre for Inflammatory Diseases, Monash University, Department of Medicine, Monash Medical Centre, Clayton, Victoria, Australia
Nephrology (Carlton) 14:650-7. 2009..We sought to evaluate the immunomodulatory effects and therapeutic potential of atorvastatin in experimental crescentic glomerulonephritis, a Th1-predominant animal model of glomerulonephritis...
- The IL-27 receptor has biphasic effects in crescentic glomerulonephritis mediated through Th1 responsesShaun A Summers
Centre for Inflammatory Diseases, Department of Medicine, Monash University, Clayton, Victoria, Australia
Am J Pathol 178:580-90. 2011..In Th1-dependent autoinflammatory lesions, IL-27Rα has a biphasic role in vivo, initially pathogenic, but ultimately playing a protective role by regulating immune responses and attenuating disease...
- IL-23, not IL-12, directs autoimmunity to the Goodpasture antigenJoshua D Ooi
Centre for Inflammatory Diseases, Monash University Department of Medicine, Monash Medical Centre, 246 Clayton Road, Clayton, VIC 3168, Australia
J Am Soc Nephrol 20:980-9. 2009..In conclusion, autoreactivity to the Goodpasture antigen is directed primarily by IL-23, absence of which results in hyporeactivity including but extending beyond a deficient Th17 response...
- T-bet deficiency attenuates renal injury in experimental crescentic glomerulonephritisRichard K S Phoon
Department of Medicine, Monash University, Monash Medical Centre, Level 5 Block E, 246 Clayton Road, Clayton, Victoria 3168, Australia
J Am Soc Nephrol 19:477-85. 2008..We conclude that T-bet directs Th1 responses that induce renal injury in experimental crescentic glomerulonephritis...