Philip L Penfold
Affiliation: University of Sydney
- Modulation of permeability and adhesion molecule expression by human choroidal endothelial cellsPhilip L Penfold
Save Sight Institute and Department of Clinical Ophthalmology, University of Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 43:3125-30. 2002..In the current study, the influence of proinflammatory cytokines and TA on permeability and adhesion molecule expression in human choroidal endothelial cells (CECs) was investigated...
- Differential expression of GFAP in early v late AMD: a quantitative analysisK H C Wu
Department of Clinical Ophthalmology, Save Sight Institute, University of Sydney, Sydney NSW 2006, Australia
Br J Ophthalmol 87:1159-66. 2003..This study aims to quantify the modulation of GFAP expression in retinas with drusen and atrophic AMD versus normal age matched controls...
- Triamcinolone acetonide modulates permeability and intercellular adhesion molecule-1 (ICAM-1) expression of the ECV304 cell line: implications for macular degenerationP L Penfold
Department of Clinical Ophthalmology, University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia
Clin Exp Immunol 121:458-65. 2000..The results further indicate that TA has the potential to influence cellular permeability, including the barrier function of the retinal pigment epithelium (RPE) in AMD-affected retinae...
- Immunological and aetiological aspects of macular degenerationP L Penfold
Department Clinical Ophthalmology, Save Sight Institute, University of Sydney, NSW 2006, Australia
Prog Retin Eye Res 20:385-414. 2001....
- Effects of triamcinolone acetonide on microglial morphology and quantitative expression of MHC-II in exudative age-related macular degenerationP L Penfold
Save Sight Institute, Department of Clinical Ophthalmology, University of Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Clin Experiment Ophthalmol 29:188-92. 2001....
- Immunoglobulin superfamily expression in primary retinoblastoma and retinoblastoma cell linesMichele C Madigan
Save Sight Institute, Department of Clinical Ophthalmology, University of Sydney, NSW, Australia
Oncol Res 13:103-11. 2002..The presence of a population of infiltrating MHC-II-positive cells in primary Rb tumors has implications for immunomodulation of Rb growth...
- Effects of post-mortem delay and storage duration on the expression of GFAP in normal human adult retinaeKathy H C Wu
Department of Clinical Ophthalmology and Save Sight Institute, University of Sydney, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Clin Experiment Ophthalmol 30:200-7. 2002..The study further demonstrates the utility of Eye Bank retinae fixed and stored in 2% paraformaldehyde, provided that appropriate controls are applied...
- Inflammation and age-related macular degenerationPhilip L Penfold
JAMA 292:43; author reply 43. 2004
- Anatomy and development of the macula: specialisation and the vulnerability to macular degenerationJan M Provis
Research School of Biological Sciences, The Australian National University, GPO Box 475, Canberra, ACT, 2601, Australia
Clin Exp Optom 88:269-81. 2005..Both the inflammatory response and the sequelae of oxidative stress are predictable outcomes in this scenario...