Affiliation: University of Newcastle
- The role of GPs in treating psychological distress: a study of midlife Australian womenSue Outram
Discipline of Health Behaviour Sciences, School of Medical Practice and Population Health, Faculty of Health, University of Newcastle, Locked Bag 10, Wallsend NSW 2287, Australia
Fam Pract 21:276-81. 2004..Patient satisfaction with general practice care is important for treatment adherence, yet little is known about women's satisfaction with general practice care in relation to emotional problems...
- Contextual barriers to discussing a schizophrenia diagnosis with patients and families: need for leadership and teamwork training in psychiatrySue Outram
University of Newcastle, Callaghan, Australia
Acad Psychiatry 39:174-80. 2015..This research sought to gain insight into the processes used by clinicians to discuss a schizophrenia diagnosis with patients/families, with the aim of informing the development of a communications skills training program...
- 'We didn't have a clue': Family caregivers' experiences of the communication of a diagnosis of schizophreniaSue Outram
Discipline of Health Behaviour Sciences, Priority Research Centre for Health Behaviour, School of Medicine and Public Health, University of Newcastle, Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Int J Soc Psychiatry 61:10-6. 2015..This study examines family caregivers' experiences of the communication of a schizophrenia diagnosis and related information...
- Recommendations from recent graduates in medicine, nursing and pharmacy on improving interprofessional education in university programs: a qualitative studyConor Gilligan
University of Newcastle, Faculty of Health, School of Medicine and Public Health, Level 4 West HMRI Building, Callaghan, NSW, 2308, Australia
BMC Med Educ 14:52. 2014....
- Sociodemographic and health related factors associated with poor mental health in midlife Australian womenSue Outram
Faculty of Health, University of Newcastle, Australia
Women Health 39:97-115. 2004..To examine associations between poor mental health and sociodemographic, psychosocial and health related variables in midlife Australian women...
- Peer physical examination: time to revisit?Suzanne Outram
School of Medicine and Public Health, University of Newcastle, Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Med J Aust 189:274-6. 2008..PPE may be less acceptable among culturally and linguistically diverse students. In the light of our findings and the published literature, best practice points are described...