K W Ng
Affiliation: University of Melbourne
- Future developments in osteoporosis therapyK W Ng
Department of Endocrinology and Diabetes, The University of Melbourne, St Vincent s Hospital, Fitzroy, Victoria 3065, Australia
Endocr Metab Immune Disord Drug Targets 9:371-84. 2009..Any new therapy for osteoporosis must take into consideration its safety, efficacy, affordability and specificity of action...
- Regulation of glucose metabolism and the skeletonKong Wah Ng
Department of Endocrinology and Diabetes, St Vincent s Hospital, Fitzroy, Vic, Australia
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 75:147-55. 2011..Data available from the limited number of clinical studies do not provide a sufficient body of evidence to determine whether osteocalcin or undercarboxylated osteocalcin affects glucose metabolism in humans...
- Potential role of odanacatib in the treatment of osteoporosisKong Wah Ng
Department of Endocrinology and Diabetes and St Vincent s Institute, St Vincent s Hospital, Fitzroy, Victoria, Australia
Clin Interv Aging 7:235-47. 2012..Ongoing studies are expected to provide information on the long-term efficacy in fracture reduction and safety of prolonged treatment with ODN...
- A novel osteoblast-derived C-type lectin that inhibits osteoclast formationH Zhou
Department of Medicine, University of Melbourne, St Vincent s Hospital, and St Vincent s Institute of Medical Research, Fitzroy, Victoria 3065, Australia
J Biol Chem 276:14916-23. 2001..The overlapping tissue distribution of OCIL mRNA and protein with that of RANKL strongly suggests an interaction between these molecules in the skeleton and in extraskeletal tissues...
- Localization of RANKL (receptor activator of NF kappa B ligand) mRNA and protein in skeletal and extraskeletal tissuesV Kartsogiannis
Department of Medicine, The University of Melbourne and St Vincent s Institute of Medical Research, St Vincent s Hospital, Fitzroy, Victoria, Australia
Bone 25:525-34. 1999..RANKL was also developmentally regulated, as evidenced by its expression in the intestine, liver, and lung at E15 and newborn mouse but not in the adult...
- Osteoblasts display receptors for and responses to leukemia-inhibitory factorE H Allan
St Vincent s Institute of Medical Research, Department of Medicine, St Vincent s Hospital, Melbourne, Australia
J Cell Physiol 145:110-9. 1990..LIF may be an important paracrine modulator in bone, or perhaps an autocrine one, based on the evidence for its production by osteoblasts and osteoblast-like cells...
- Dual posttranscriptional targets of retinoic acid-induced gene expressionS S Manji
Department of Medicine, University of Melbourne, St Vincent s Institute of Medical Research, Fitzroy, Victoria, Australia
J Cell Biochem 72:411-22. 1999....
- Low-intensity pulsed ultrasound stimulates a bone-forming response in UMR-106 cellsS J Warden
Centre for Sports Medicine Research and Education, School of Physiotherapy, University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 286:443-50. 2001..These findings suggest that low-intensity pulsed US has a direct effect on bone formation. This may contribute to the beneficial effect of low-intensity pulsed US on fracture repair...
- Expression of rat homeobox gene, rHOX, in developing and adult tissues in mice and regulation of its mRNA expression in osteoblasts by bone morphogenetic protein 2 and parathyroid hormone-related proteinY S Hu
Department of Medicine, The University of Melbourne, St Vincent s Hospital, Fitzroy, Victoria, Australia
Mol Endocrinol 12:1721-32. 1998..Furthermore, down-regulation of rHox mRNA by bone morphogenetic protein 2 and its up-regulation by PTHrP support a role of the homeodomain protein, rHox, in osteoblast differentiation...
- rHox: a homeobox gene expressed in osteoblastic cellsY Hu
Garvan Institute of Medical Research, St Vincent s Hospital, Sydney, NSW, Australia
J Cell Biochem 59:486-97. 1995..These data suggest that rHox is a potent negative regulator of gene expression, although the specific role of rHox in bone gene regulation remains to be determined...
- Structure of the 5' flanking region of the gene encoding human parathyroid-hormone-related protein (PTHrP)L J Suva
St Vincent s Institute of Medical Research, Fitzroy, Australia
Gene 77:95-105. 1989..This analysis of the human PTHrP gene is the first report of a PTHrP gene for any species...