Affiliation: University of Sydney
- A novel p38 alpha MAPK inhibitor suppresses brain proinflammatory cytokine up-regulation and attenuates synaptic dysfunction and behavioral deficits in an Alzheimer's disease mouse modelLenka Munoz
Center for Drug Discovery and Chemical Biology, Northwestern University, 303 E Chicago Ave, Mailcode W896, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
J Neuroinflammation 4:21. 2007....
- Targeting p38 MAPK pathway for the treatment of Alzheimer's diseaseLenka Munoz
Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy, The University of Sydney, NSW 2006, Australia
Neuropharmacology 58:561-8. 2010..Thus, we present here an update on the role of p38 MAPK in neurodegeneration, with a focus on Alzheimer's disease, by summarizing recent literature and several key papers from earlier years...
- Development of a novel therapeutic suppressor of brain proinflammatory cytokine up-regulation that attenuates synaptic dysfunction and behavioral deficitsWenhui Hu
Center for Drug Discovery and Chemical Biology, Northwestern University, 303 E Chicago Avenue, Mail Code W896, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 17:414-8. 2007..The development and large-scale availability of this novel compound allow exploration of new, potentially disease-modifying, therapeutic approaches to CNS disorders...
- Fluorescence polarization binding assay to develop inhibitors of inactive p38alpha mitogen-activated protein kinaseLenka Munoz
Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Sydney, Sydney, NSW 2006, Australia
Anal Biochem 401:125-33. 2010....
- Novel p38 MAPK inhibitor ML3403 has potent anti-inflammatory activity in airway smooth muscleLenka Munoz
Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Sydney, NSW, Australia
Eur J Pharmacol 635:212-8. 2010..The anti-inflammatory activity is equivalent to the prototypical p38 MAPK inhibitor SB203580. Our results implicate a future pharmacotherapeutic strategy towards reducing inflammation in asthma and airway remodelling...
- Oncogenic Ras modulates p38 MAPK-mediated inflammatory cytokine production in glioblastoma cellsLenka Munoz
a School of Medical Sciences, Discipline of Pathology, The University of Sydney, Australia
Cancer Biol Ther 17:355-63. 2016..In summary, oncogenic Ras co-operates with the microenvironment-derived TNFα/IL-1β to sustain inflammatory microenvironment, which was effectively attenuated via inhibition of p38 MAPK signaling. ..
- p38 MAPK inhibitors attenuate pro-inflammatory cytokine production and the invasiveness of human U251 glioblastoma cellsYiu To Yeung
Pharmacy, University of Sydney, Sydney, NSW, 2006, Australia
J Neurooncol 109:35-44. 2012..Importantly, p38 MAPK inhibition strongly reduced invasion of U251 glioblastoma cells in an inflammatory microenvironment, providing evidence for a p38 MAPK-regulated link between inflammation and invasiveness in GBM pathophysiology...