Affiliation: University of Queensland
- Multicenter linkage study of schizophrenia loci on chromosome 22qB J Mowry
Queensland Centre for Mental Health Research, The Park Centre for Mental Health, Wacol, Queensland, Australia
Mol Psychiatry 9:784-95. 2004..We interpret these findings to mean that the population-wide effects of putative 22q schizophrenia susceptibility loci are too weak to detect with linkage analysis even in large samples...
- Directional and fluctuating asymmetry in finger and a-b ridge counts in psychosis: a case-control studySukanta Saha
Queensland Centre for Schizophrenia Research, The Park Centre for Mental Health, Wacol, QLD 4076, Australia
BMC Psychiatry 3:3. 2003..Because ridges are fully formed by the end of the second trimester, they may provide clues to disturbed early development. The aim of this study was to assess these measures in a sample of patients with psychosis and normal controls...
- Refining clinical phenotypes by contrasting ethnically different populations with schizophrenia from Australia, India and SarawakDuncan McLean
Queensland Centre for Mental Health Research, University of Queensland, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Psychiatry Res 196:194-200. 2012..The AAO site difference, however, has no obvious cultural or measurement bias explanation. Therefore, this may be an ideal candidate for use in genetic studies, given that genetic variants affecting AAO have already been proposed...
- Fibroblast and lymphoblast gene expression profiles in schizophrenia: are non-neural cells informative?Nicholas A Matigian
Queensland Institute of Medical Research, Herston, Queensland, Australia
PLoS ONE 3:e2412. 2008....
- Significant relationship between lifetime alcohol use disorders and suicide attempts in an Australian schizophrenia sampleDuncan McLean
Queensland Centre for Mental Health Research, University of Queensland, Brisbane, QLD, Australia
Aust N Z J Psychiatry 46:132-40. 2012..However, alcohol has not been consistently implicated. We examined the relationship between substance use disorders and suicide attempts in schizophrenia...
- The importance of modelling heterogeneity in complex disease: application to NIMH Schizophrenia Genetics Initiative dataElizabeth Holliday
Queensland Centre for Mental Health Research, Level 3, Dawson House, The Park, Centre for Mental Health, Wacol, QLD 4076, Australia
Hum Genet 117:160-7. 2005..In linkage analyses of complex disease, power may be maximised by routinely modelling locus heterogeneity within individual datasets, even when multiple datasets are combined to form larger samples...
- Queensland Centre for Mental Health Research: the first 17 yearsJohn McGrath
Queensland Centre for Mental Health Research, The Park Centre for Mental Health and Department of Psychiatry, University of Queensland, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Aust N Z J Psychiatry 39:533-41. 2005..To reflect on the establishment and evolution of the Queensland Centre for Mental Health Research...