Affiliation: University of Western Australia
- Transfers to metropolitan hospitals and coronary angiography for rural Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal patients with acute ischaemic heart disease in Western AustraliaDerrick Lopez
Western Australian Centre for Rural Health, The University of Western Australia, Crawley, Western Australia, Australia
BMC Cardiovasc Disord 14:58. 2014..We describe the profile and transfers of IHD patients admitted to rural hospitals as emergency admissions and investigate determinants of transfers and coronary angiography...
- Impact of behavioural risk factors on death within 10 years for women and men in their 70s: absolute risk chartsAnnette Dobson
The University of Queensland, School of Population Health, Herston, Australia
BMC Public Health 12:669. 2012..The aim of this paper is to calculate population based estimates and display them using simple charts that may be useful communication tools for public health authorities, health care providers and policy makers...
- Falls, injuries from falls, health related quality of life and mortality in older adults with vision and hearing impairment--is there a gender difference?Derrick Lopez
Western Australian Centre for Health and Ageing WACHA, Centre for Medical Research, The University of Western Australia, Nedlands, Western Australia, Australia
Maturitas 69:359-64. 2011..Our objective was to determine if there are gender differences in the associations between visual and hearing impairment and these outcomes...
- Initial hospitalisation for atrial fibrillation in Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal populations in Western AustraliaJudith M Katzenellenbogen
Western Australian Centre for Rural Health, The University of Western Australia, Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Heart 101:712-9. 2015..We compared risk factors, incidence rates and mortality outcomes for first-ever hospitalised AF among Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal Western Australians 20-84 years...
- Laser acupuncture for chronic non-specific low back pain: a controlled clinical trialGregory Glazov
Department of General Practice, Faculty of Medicine, University of Western Australia, Perth, Australia
Acupunct Med 27:94-100. 2009..the primary aim was to determine if laser acupuncture (LA) is more effective than sham laser in reducing pain and disability in adults with chronic non-specific low back pain...
- Long-term use and cost-effectiveness of secondary prevention drugs for heart disease in Western Australian seniors (WAMACH): a study protocolAnthony S Gunnell
School of Population Health, The University of Western Australia, Crawley, Western Australia, Australia
BMJ Open 4:e006258. 2014..It will also assess the clinical and economic consequences of non-adherence and the cost-effectiveness of using these drugs...