Genomes and Genes
Lisa F Lincz
Affiliation: University of Newcastle
- The origin of circulating CD36 in type 2 diabetesM J Alkhatatbeh
1 Cancer Research Unit, School of Biomedical Sciences and Pharmacy, Faculty of Health, The University of Newcastle, Newcastle, NSW, Australia 2 Hunter Medical Research Institute, New Lambton, NSW, Australia
Nutr Diabetes 3:e59. 2013..Conclusions:Both the levels and cellular profile of CD36+MPs differ in T2DM compared with controls, suggesting that these specific vesicles could represent distinct biological vectors contributing to the pathology of the disease...
- Variable plasma levels of Factor V Leiden correlate with circulating platelet microparticles in carriers of Factor V LeidenLisa F Lincz
Hunter Haematology Research Group, Calvary Mater Newcastle Hospital, NSW, Australia
Thromb Res 129:192-6. 2012..Here we sought to determine if these subjects differed in their plasma levels of FVL and if this was related to MP concentrations and/or history of thrombosis...
- Quantification of hTERT splice variants in melanoma by SYBR green real-time polymerase chain reaction indicates a negative regulatory role for the beta deletion variantLisa F Lincz
Department of Haematology, Calvary Mater Newcastle, Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Neoplasia 10:1131-7. 2008..This study shows that telomerase activity in melanoma cells is best determined by the absolute expression of full-length hTERT mRNA and indicates a role for the hTERT beta deletion variant in the negative regulation of enzyme activity...
- Endogenous thrombin potential for predicting risk of venous thromboembolism in carriers of factor V LeidenLisa F Lincz
Hunter Haematology Research Group, Newcastle Mater Misericordiae Hospital, Waratah, Australia
Pathophysiol Haemost Thromb 35:435-9. 2006..The recent introduction of diagnostic ETP measurements in the form of the calibrated automated thrombin generation from Thrombinoscope and the TechnoThrombin from Baxter should facilitate such studies...
- Polymorphisms of the tissue factor pathway inhibitor gene are associated with venous thromboembolism in the antiphospholipid syndrome and carriers of factor V LeidenLisa F Lincz
Hunter Haematology Research Group, Newcastle Misericordiae Hospital, Waratah, Australia
Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis 18:559-64. 2007....
- Thrombin generation as a predictor of radiotherapy induced skin erythemaLisa F Lincz
Department of Haematology, Calvary Mater Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Radiother Oncol 90:136-40. 2009..Based on the recent findings in patients suffering from chronic urticaria, we sought to determine if similar mechanisms of hypercoagulation contributed to comparable skin reactions during radiotherapy...
- Circulating microparticles are elevated in carriers of factor V LeidenAnoop K Enjeti
Hunter Haematology Research Group, Calvary Mater Newcastle, Edith Street, Waratah, NSW 2298, Australia
Thromb Res 126:250-3. 2010..This study was carried out to evaluate if increased numbers or procoagulant potential of circulating MP contribute to the heterogeneity in occurrence of thrombosis in heterozygotes carrying Factor V Leiden (FVL) mutation...
- Genetic variations in benzene metabolism and susceptibility to multiple myelomaLisa F Lincz
Hunter Haematology Research Group, Newcastle Mater Misericordiae Hospital, Edith Street, Waratah, NSW 2298, Australia
Leuk Res 31:759-63. 2007..65, 2.49 and 13 times more likely to have MM (P(trend)=0.001)...
- Oncolytic Coxsackievirus A21 as a novel therapy for multiple myelomaGough G Au
The Picornaviral Research Unit, School of Biomedical Sciences, Faculty of Health, The University of Newcastle, Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Br J Haematol 137:133-41. 2007..Data generated in this study suggests that CVA21 virotherapy may have potential applications as a systemic anti-tumour agent for MM, or in the ex vivo purging of malignant plasma cells prior to autologous stem cell transplantation...
- Reduction of prothrombin and Factor V levels following supplementation with omega-3 fatty acids is sex dependent: a randomised controlled studyMelinda Phang
Nutraceuticals Research Group, School of Biomedical Sciences and Pharmacy, University of Newcastle, Hunter Medical Research Institute, New Lambton Heights, NSW 2305, Australia
J Nutr Biochem 25:997-1002. 2014..This study investigated the mechanisms of the sex-dependent effects of LCn-3PUFA with 4 weeks supplementation of EPA-rich vs. DHA-rich oils on procoagulant and platelet activity in healthy subjects...
- Methionine synthase genetic polymorphism MS A2756G alters susceptibility to follicular but not diffuse large B-cell non-Hodgkin's lymphoma or multiple myelomaLisa F Lincz
Hunter Haematology Research Group, Newcastle Mater Misericordiae Hospital, NSW, Australia
Br J Haematol 120:1051-4. 2003..4-fold lower risk of follicular (odds ratio = 0.41, 95% confidence interval: 0.19-0.88, p = 0.02) but not diffuse large B-cell lymphoma. MM patients showed no significant difference in the polymorphisms compared with control subjects...
- Identification of a novel single nucleotide polymorphism in the first tandem repeat sequence of the thymidylate synthase 2R alleleLisa F Lincz
Hunter Haematology Research Group, Newcastle Mater Misericordiae Hospital, Waratah, NSW 2298, Australia
Int J Cancer 120:1930-4. 2007..This would severely decrease TS expression and may have implications for predicting efficacy and toxicity of therapy with commonly used fluorouracil-based therapy regimes...
- Endogenous thrombin potential as a novel method for the characterization of procoagulant snake venoms and the efficacy of antivenomGeoffrey K Isbister
Faculty of Health, University of Newcastle, Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia
Toxicon 56:75-85. 2010..ETP is a useful assay to investigate mechanisms of other procoagulant venoms and is a robust method of assessing antivenom efficacy...
- Comparative sensitivity of commercially available aPTT reagents to mulga snake (Pseudechis australis) venomLisa F Lincz
1Hunter Haematology Research Group, Calvary Mater Newcastle Hospital, Newcastle, NSW 2Faculty of Health, University of Newcastle, NSW 3School of Medicine Sydney, University of Notre Dame Australia, Darlinghurst, NSW 4NSW Poisons Information Centre, Sydney Children s Hospital Network, NSW 5Department of Clinical Toxicology and Pharmacology, Calvary Mater Newcastle Hospital, Newcastle, NSW 6Haematology Unit, Royal Hobart Hospital, Hobart, Tas 7Diagnostic Haemostasis Laboratory, Haematology, ICPMR, Westmead Hospital, Westmead, NSW, Australia
Pathology 46:444-9. 2014..We conclude that some reagents used for routine aPTT testing are relatively insensitive to the anticoagulant effects of mulga snake venom. Tests performed with these reagents should be interpreted with caution...
- Microparticles in health and diseaseAnoop K Enjeti
Department of Haematology level 4, Hunter Haematology Research Group, New Medical Building, Calvary Mater Hospital, Waratah Newcastle, Australia
Semin Thromb Hemost 34:683-91. 2008....
- Detection and measurement of microparticles: an evolving research tool for vascular biologyAnoop K Enjeti
Department of Haematology, Calvary Mater Hospital, Waratah Newcastle, Australia
Semin Thromb Hemost 33:771-9. 2007..Although it has evolved as an important vascular biology research tool, microparticle detection needs further evaluation and refinement before it becomes truly useful as a clinical tool...
- Eicosapentaenoic and docosahexaenoic acid supplementations reduce platelet aggregation and hemostatic markers differentially in men and womenMelinda Phang
Nutraceuticals Research Group, School of Biomedical Sciences and Pharmacy, University of Newcastle, NSW, Australia
J Nutr 143:457-63. 2013..With respect to thrombotic disease risk, men are more likely to benefit from supplementation with EPA, whereas women are more responsive to DHA...
- Telomere length in haemopoietic stem cells can be determined from that of mononuclear blood cells or whole bloodJennette A Sakoff
Department of Medical Oncology, Newcastle Mater Misericordiae Hospital, Newcastle, Locked Bag No 7, Hunter Region Mail Center, 2310, NSW, Australia
Leuk Lymphoma 43:2017-20. 2002..83, P < 0.001). Thus, telomere length in haemopoietic stem cells can be determined from that of whole or fractionated PB in future studies of haematological disorders...
- Xenobiotic gene polymorphisms and susceptibility to multiple myelomaLisa F Lincz
Haematologica 89:628-9. 2004....