Genomes and Genes
K C Leung
Affiliation: University of New South Wales
- Insulin regulation of human hepatic growth hormone receptors: divergent effects on biosynthesis and surface translocationK C Leung
Pituitary Research Unit, Garvan Institute of Medical Research, St Vincent s Hospital, Sydney, New South Wales 2010, Australia
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 85:4712-20. 2000..The divergent actions of insulin appear to be mediated by the mitogen-activated protein kinase and phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase pathways, respectively...
- Measurement of growth hormone, insulin-like growth factor I and their binding proteins: the clinical aspectsK C Leung
Pituitary Research Unit, Garvan Institute of Medical Research, St Vincent s Hospital, 384 Victoria Street, Darlinghurst, NSW 2010, Sydney, Australia
Clin Chim Acta 313:119-23. 2001..GH secretion (both spontaneous and stimulated), IGF-I, IGFBP-3, and ALS have been assessed as potential biochemical markers for diagnosis of GH-related disorders...
- Estrogen inhibits GH signaling by suppressing GH-induced JAK2 phosphorylation, an effect mediated by SOCS-2K C Leung
Pituitary Research Unit and Cancer Research Program, Garvan Institute of Medical Research, St Vincent s Hospital, Sydney NSW 2010, Australia
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:1016-21. 2003..In conclusion, estrogen inhibits GH signaling, an action mediated by SOCS-2. This paper provides evidence for regulatory interaction between a sex steroid and the GHJAKSTAT pathway, in which SOCS-2 plays a central mechanistic role...
- Metabolic effects of oestrogens: impact of the route of administrationK K Y Ho
Pituitary Research Unit, The Garvan Institute of Medical Research and Department of Endocrinology, St Vincent s Hospital, Sydney, NSW 2010, Australia
Ann Endocrinol (Paris) 64:170-7. 2003..The route dependent changes in body composition observed during oestrogen replacement therapy may have important implications for post-menopausal health and oestrogen use in general...
- Influence of demographic factors and sport type on growth hormone-responsive markers in elite athletesA E Nelson
Garvan Institute of Medical Research and Department of Endocrinology, Darlinghurst, New South Wales 2010, Australia
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 91:4424-32. 2006..GH-responsive markers of the IGF system and of collagen turnover hold promise as the basis of a GH doping test...