Affiliation: University of Sydney
- Advances in the treatment of malignant gliomasMustafa Khasraw
Department of Neurology and Brain Tumor Center, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Avenue, New York, NY 10065, USA
Curr Oncol Rep 12:26-33. 2010..This review focuses on recent advances in the treatment malignant gliomas, especially antiangiogenic therapy...
- Long-term use of temozolomide: could you use temozolomide safely for life in gliomas?Mustafa Khasraw
Department of Medical Oncology, Royal North Shore Hospital, Pacific Highway, St Leonards, New South Wales 2065, Australia
J Clin Neurosci 16:854-5. 2009..These patients have continued TMZ for 5 years, 7 years and 8 years respectively. So far they have had no serious side effects. We discuss these patients while raising the question of prolonged TMZ use...
- Management of advanced neuroendocrine tumors with hepatic metastasisMustafa Khasraw
Department of Medical Oncology, Royal North Shore Hospital, Sydney, St Leonards NSW, Australia
J Clin Gastroenterol 43:838-47. 2009..A variety of antiangiogenesis and growth factor-targeted agents have been evaluated, but to date, the results have failed to meet our expectations...
- Multicentre phase I/II study of PI-88, a heparanase inhibitor in combination with docetaxel in patients with metastatic castrate-resistant prostate cancerM Khasraw
Department of Oncology, Royal North Shore Hospital, Australia
Ann Oncol 21:1302-7. 2010..We studied the combination of PI-88, an inhibitor of angiogenesis and heparanase activity, and docetaxel in chemotherapy-naive CRPC...
- Objective radiological disease control with sandostatin monotherapy in metastatic neuroendocrine tumoursM Khasraw
Department of Medical Oncology, Royal North Shore Hospital, Sydney, New South Wales 2065, Australia
Intern Med J 40:453-8. 2010..Further investigation in prospective trials is warranted and the possibility for late responses might have implications for trial design...
- The need to examine metastatic tissue at the time of progression of breast cancer: is re-biopsy a necessity or a luxury?Mustafa Khasraw
Evelyn H Lauder Breast and Imaging Center, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 300 East 66th Street, New York, NY 10065, USA
Curr Oncol Rep 13:17-25. 2011....
- Neurological complications of systemic cancerMustafa Khasraw
Department of Neurology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, USA
Lancet Neurol 9:1214-27. 2010..We focus on disorders that are difficult to diagnose, need neurological consultation, and for which effective treatments exist...
- Neuroendocrine tumors of the gastrointestinal tract and the role of cytotoxic chemotherapyMustafa Khasraw
a Royal North Shore Hospital and NHMRC Clinical Trials Centre, University of Sydney, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Expert Rev Anticancer Ther 16:391-401. 2016..This article provides a broad coverage of systemic therapies for NETs but focusses on the role of cytotoxic chemotherapy. ..
- Phase II trial of continuous low-dose temozolomide for patients with recurrent malignant gliomaAntonio Omuro
Department of Neurology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Avenue, New York, NY 10065, USA
Neuro Oncol 15:242-50. 2013..In this phase II trial, we investigated the efficacy of a metronomic temozolomide schedule in the treatment of recurrent malignant gliomas (MGs)...
- Antiangiogenic therapy for high-grade gliomaMustafa Khasraw
NHMRC Clinical Trials Centre, University of Sydney, University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia
Cochrane Database Syst Rev 9:CD008218. 2014..This review was undertaken to report on the benefits and harms associated with the use of antiangiogenic agents in the treatment of HGGs...
- Cilengitide with metronomic temozolomide, procarbazine, and standard radiotherapy in patients with glioblastoma and unmethylated MGMT gene promoter in ExCentric, an open-label phase II trialMustafa Khasraw
Northern Sydney Cancer Centre, Royal North Shore Hospital, Sydney, Australia
J Neurooncol 128:163-71. 2016..4 months (95 % CI 6.1-8). Cilengitide combined with metronomic temozolomide and procarbazine in MGMT-promoter unmethylated glioblastoma did not improve survival compared with historical data and does not warrant further investigation. ..