J Declan Kennedy
Affiliation: University of Adelaide
- Reduced neurocognition in children who snoreJ D Kennedy
Department of Pulmonary Medicine, Women s and Children s Hospital, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Pediatr Pulmonol 37:330-7. 2004..Future studies need to confirm the reversal of these relatively mild neurocognitive decrements post adenotonsillectomy...
- 8. Investigation and treatment of upper-airway obstruction: childhood sleep disorders IJ Declan Kennedy
Department of Paediatrics, University of Adelaide, Adelaide, SA 5000, Australia
Med J Aust 182:419-23. 2005....
- Chronic respiratory failure and neuromuscular diseaseJ Declan Kennedy
Discipline of Paediatrics, Faculty of Health Sciences, Medical School, University of Adelaide, South Australia 5005, Australia
Pediatr Clin North Am 56:261-73, xii. 2009....
- Sleep and neurocognitive functioning in children with eczemaDanny Camfferman
Discipline of Paediatrics, School of Reproductive Health and Paediatrics, University of Adelaide, South Australia, Australia Electronic address
Int J Psychophysiol 89:265-72. 2013..The unanswered question is whether these cognitive deficits normalise with effective eczema treatment and if this is mediated by improvements in sleep architecture...
- Inconsistent sleep schedules and daytime behavioral difficulties in school-aged childrenSarah N Biggs
Childrens Research Centre, Discipline of Paediatrics, University of Adelaide, King William Road, Adelaide 5000, Australia
Sleep Med 12:780-6. 2011..We examined the relationship between short sleep duration, sleep schedule instability and behavioral difficulties in a community sample of Australian children...
- Chronic illness in adolescentsMichael G Sawyer
Research and Evaluation Unit, Women s and Children s Hospital, 72 King William Road, North Adelaide, SA
Med J Aust 179:237. 2003
- Cognition, temperament, and cerebral blood flow velocity in toddlers and preschool children with sleep-disordered breathing or behavioral insomnia of childhoodRachael Spooner
School of Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy, University of South Australia, St Bernards Road, Adelaide, South Australia 5000, Australia
Sleep Med 21:77-85. 2016....
- Eczema, sleep, and behavior in childrenDanny Camfferman
Discipline of Paediatrics, School of Paediatrics and Reproductive Health, University of Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
J Clin Sleep Med 6:581-8. 2010..It is unclear if sleep disruption in children with eczema has similar effects particularly after controlling for known comorbid disorders such as asthma and rhinitis...
- Differences in parental attitudes towards sleep and associations with sleep-wake patterns in Caucasian and Southeast Asian school-aged children in AustraliaSarah N Biggs
Childrens Research Center, University of Adelaide, Australia
Behav Sleep Med 8:207-18. 2010..Parental attitudes toward sleep, perception of sleep need, and homework load were not associated with the regulation of actual sleep behaviors in children, regardless of cultural heritage...
- Sleep, executive functioning and behaviour in children and adolescents with type 1 diabetesNicole C Caruso
School of Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy, University of South Australia, St Bernards Road, Adelaide, 5000, SA, Australia
Sleep Med 15:1490-9. 2014....
- Neurocognitive performance and behavior before and after treatment for sleep-disordered breathing in childrenMark J Kohler
Children s Research Centre, University of Adelaide, North Adelaide, Australia
Nat Sci Sleep 2:159-85. 2010..These findings should aid in the development of more targeted investigations and well-designed studies exploring both the causative mechanisms and the treatment response for neurocognitive and behavior problems in children with SDB...
- Craniofacial and upper airway morphology in pediatric sleep-disordered breathing: Systematic review and meta-analysisVandana Katyal
Postgraduate Student, Orthodontic Unit, University of Adelaide, Adelaide, Australia
Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 143:20-30.e3. 2013..The purpose of this systematic review and meta-analysis was to elucidate the association between craniofacial disharmony and pediatric sleep-disordered breathing...
- Differences in the association between obesity and obstructive sleep apnea among children and adolescentsMark J Kohler
Discipline of Paediatrics, University of Adelaide, Adelaide, Australia
J Clin Sleep Med 5:506-11. 2009..To determine whether the association between excess weight and OSAS varies with age across childhood, we assessed polysomnographic data from a series of Caucasian children and adolescents referred for clinical evaluation of snoring...
- Natural history and familial relationships of infant spilling to 9 years of ageA James Martin
Department of Pulmonary Medicine, Women s and Children s Hospital, South Australia, Australia
Pediatrics 109:1061-7. 2002..To determine the natural history of infant spilling (regurgitation/vomiting) during the first 2 years of life and to determine the relationship between infant spilling and gastroesophageal reflux (GER) symptoms at 9 years of age...