Dorothy M Keefe
Affiliation: University of Adelaide
- Cytotoxic chemotherapy upregulates pro-apoptotic Bax and Bak in the small intestine of rats and humansJoanne M Bowen
Department of Medical Oncology, Royal Adelaide Hospital, Adelaide, South Australia
Pathology 37:56-62. 2005..The aim of this study was to examine the effect of cytotoxic treatment on Bcl-2 protein expression in patients and rats with tumours...
- Developing evidence-based guidelines for management of alimentary mucositis: process and pitfallsDorothy M Keefe
Department of Medical Oncology, Royal Adelaide Hospital Cancer Centre, Royal Adelaide Hospital, North Terrace, Adelaide, South Australia, 5000, Australia
Support Care Cancer 14:492-8. 2006....
- Irinotecan-induced alterations in intestinal cell kinetics and extracellular matrix component expression in the Dark Agouti ratNoor Al-Dasooqi
Department of Medicine, University of Adelaide, North Terrace, Adelaide, SA, Australia
Int J Exp Pathol 92:357-65. 2011..Changes in ECM expression may have a direct impact on the loss of mucosal layer integrity evident in chemotherapy-induced mucositis...
- Selection of housekeeping genes for gene expression studies in a rat model of irinotecan-induced mucositisNoor Al-Dasooqi
Department of Medicine, University of Adelaide, Adelaide, S A, Australia
Chemotherapy 57:43-53. 2011..As this method relies on the use of a validated endogenous control, this study aims to validate commonly used housekeeping genes in an irinotecan-induced mucositis model...
- Matrix metalloproteinases are possible mediators for the development of alimentary tract mucositis in the dark agouti ratNoor Al-Dasooqi
Department of Medicine, University of Adelaide, North Terrace, Adelaide, SA 5005, Australia
Exp Biol Med (Maywood) 235:1244-56. 2010..This prompts the consideration of MMPs as possible mediators of chemotherapy-induced mucositis...
- Matrix metalloproteinases: key regulators in the pathogenesis of chemotherapy-induced mucositis?Noor Al-Dasooqi
Department of Medicine, University of Adelaide, Adelaide, SA, Australia
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 64:1-9. 2009..This prompts the consideration of MMPs as possibly being key mediators in mucositis development...
- Involvement of matrix metalloproteinases (MMP-3 and MMP-9) in the pathogenesis of irinotecan-induced oral mucositisAbdul R Al-Azri
Faculty of Health Sciences, School of Dentistry, The University of Adelaide, Adelaide, SA, Australia
J Oral Pathol Med 44:459-67. 2015..Recently, MMPs and their inhibitors have attracted attention as potential mediators of mucositis. We investigated tissue expression of MMP-3 and MMP-9 over time in a pre-clinical model of irinotecan-induced oral mucositis (OM)...
- Trastuzumab induces gastrointestinal side effects in HER2-overexpressing breast cancer patientsNoor Al-Dasooqi
Department of Physiology, University of Adelaide, North Terrace, Adelaide, SA, Australia
Invest New Drugs 27:173-8. 2009..To characterise the gastrointestinal toxicities associated with Trastuzumab administration in HER2-overexpressing breast cancer patients...
- Methotrexate-induced toxicity pharmacogenetics: an umbrella review of systematic reviews and meta-analysesJared M Campbell
The Joanna Briggs Institute, Faculty of Health Science, University of Adelaide, 115 Grenfell Street, Adelaide, SA, Australia
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 78:27-39. 2016....
- Irinotecan-induced mucositis: the interactions and potential role of GLP-2 analoguesBronwen J Mayo
School of Medicine, University of Adelaide, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol . 2016..The purpose of this review is to identify mechanisms of irinotecan-induced intestinal damage and a potential role for GLP-2 analogues for intervention...
- Risk and outcomes of chemotherapy-induced diarrhea (CID) among patients with colorectal cancer receiving multi-cycle chemotherapyDorothy M Keefe
University of Adelaide and Royal Adelaide Hospital, Adelaide, Australia
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 74:675-80. 2014..To better understand the risks, symptom burden and consequences of CID, we studied patients receiving chemotherapy for colorectal cancer (CRC)...
- Pro-inflammatory cytokines play a key role in the development of radiotherapy-induced gastrointestinal mucositisZhi Yi Ong
School of Medicine, University of Adelaide, Adelaide, South Australia
Radiat Oncol 5:22. 2010..Therefore, the aim of the present study was to characterise the expression of pro-inflammatory cytokines in the gastrointestinal tract using a rat model of fractionated radiotherapy-induced toxicity...
- Updated clinical practice guidelines for the prevention and treatment of mucositisDorothy M Keefe
Department of Medical Oncology, Royal Adelaide Hospital, Adelaide, Australia
Cancer 109:820-31. 2007..These efforts are likely to have significant clinical and economic impact on the treatment of cancer patients. Cancer 2007;109:820-31. (c) 2007 American Cancer Society...
- Emerging drugs for chemotherapy-induced mucositisDorothy M Keefe
Royal Adelaide Hospital, RAH Cancer Centre, North Terrace, Adelaide, SA 5000, Australia
Expert Opin Emerg Drugs 13:511-22. 2008..The pathobiology of mucositis is complex, and agents that target mechanisms to prevent mucositis or accelerate healing are in high demand...
- Management of Mucositis During Chemotherapy: From Pathophysiology to Pragmatic TherapeuticsYsabella Z A Van Sebille
School of Medicine, University of Adelaide, North Terrace, Adelaide, SA, 5005, Australia
Curr Oncol Rep 17:50. 2015..This review aims to address these new areas of research and to comment on the therapeutics arising from them. ..
- Intestinal mucositis: mechanisms and managementDorothy M Keefe
Discipline of Medicine, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Adelaide, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Curr Opin Oncol 19:323-7. 2007..To describe the advances in the rapidly evolving field of intestinal (or alimentary) mucositis during the past year...
- Severe mucositis: how can nutrition help?Dorothy M Keefe
Royal Adelaide Hospital Cancer Centre, Royal Adelaide Hospital, South Australia
Curr Opin Clin Nutr Metab Care 10:627-31. 2007..To review the recent evidence on the effect of nutrition on the incidence and severity of mucositis following anticancer treatment...
- The combination of oral and small intestinal mucositis, pediatrics and biomarkers: a particularly tricky problem!Dorothy M Keefe
Department of Medical Oncology, Royal Adelaide Hospital and Discipline of Medicine, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Adelaide, Adelaide, South, Australia
Cancer Biol Ther 5:1282-4. 2006
- Alimentary tract mucositis in cancer patients: impact of terminology and assessment on research and clinical practiceDouglas E Peterson
Department of Oral Health and Diagnostic Sciences, School of Dental Medicine, Neag Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, 06030 1605, USA
Support Care Cancer 14:499-504. 2006....