Affiliation: University of Melbourne
- Surface plasmon spectroscopy of gold-poly-N-isopropylacrylamide core-shell particlesMatthias Karg
School of Chemistry and Bio21 Institute, University of Melbourne, 30 Flemington Road, 3010 Victoria, Australia
Langmuir 27:820-7. 2011..This allows the particle concentration to be determined, and this in turn permits the calculation of the molar mass of the hybrid particles as well as the refractive index of the shells...
- Single-photon emission and quantum characterization of zinc oxide defectsAnthony J Morfa
Bio21 Institute and School of Chemistry, University of Melbourne, Victoria 3010, Australia
Nano Lett 12:949-54. 2012..These results identify a new source of single photons in a readily available wide band gap semiconductor material which has exceptional electrical, optical, and biocompatibility properties...
- 2D assembly of gold-PNIPAM core-shell nanocrystalsSarah Jaber
University of Melbourne, Bio21 Institute and School of Chemistry, Melbourne, Vic, Australia
Phys Chem Chem Phys 13:5576-8. 2011..Annealing at 700 °C removes the polymer shell, while retaining a monolayer of well-separated gold nanoparticles. The surface plasmon modes of the colloid monolayers could be measured by spectroscopic ellipsometry...
- Laser Flash Photolysis of Au-PNIPAM Core-Shell Nanoparticles: Dynamics of the Shell ResponseSean Murphy
School of Chemistry and Bio21 Institute, University of Melbourne, 30 Flemington Road, Parkville, Victoria 3010, Australia
Langmuir 32:12497-12503. 2016..A clear pump fluence threshold for the collapse of the PNIPAM shell is demonstrated, below which collapse is not observed. Reswelling takes longer at higher laser intensities...
- Versatile phase transfer of gold nanoparticles from aqueous media to different organic mediaMatthias Karg
School of Chemistry and Bio21 Institute, University of Melbourne, Melbourne, 3010, Australia
Chemistry 17:4648-54. 2011..The effect of organic solvents with various refractive indices on the plasmon band position was investigated...