Menna E Jones
Affiliation: University of Tasmania
- Antigen-presenting genes and genomic copy number variations in the Tasmanian devil MHCYuanyuan Cheng
Faculty of Veterinary Science, University of Sydney, Sydney, NSW, Australia
BMC Genomics 13:87. 2012..DFTD is caused by a clonal tumour cell line that is transmitted between unrelated individuals as an allograft without triggering immune rejection due to low levels of Major Histocompatibility Complex (MHC) diversity in Tasmanian devils...
- Genetic diversity and population structure of Tasmanian devils, the largest marsupial carnivoreMenna E Jones
Department of Zoology and Entomology, University of Queensland, Queensland 4072, Australia
Mol Ecol 13:2197-209. 2004..Marsupial carnivores appear to have stronger population subdivisions than their placental counterparts...
- Life-history change in disease-ravaged Tasmanian devil populationsMenna E Jones
School of Zoology, University of Tasmania, Hobart TAS 7001, Australia
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:10023-7. 2008..The persistence of both this disease and the associated life-history changes pose questions about longer-term evolutionary responses and conservation prospects for this iconic species...
- Sperm competition drives the evolution of suicidal reproduction in mammalsDiana O Fisher
School of Biological Sciences, University of Queensland, St Lucia, QLD 4072, Australia
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 110:17910-4. 2013..We conclude that precopulatory sexual selection by females favored the evolution of suicidal reproduction in mammals. ..
- Evaluation of selective culling of infected individuals to control tasmanian devil facial tumor diseaseShelly Lachish
School of Integrative Biology, University of Queensland, St Lucia, Brisbane, Queensland 4072, Australia
Conserv Biol 24:841-51. 2010....
- Transmissible cancer in Tasmanian devils: localized lineage replacement and host population responseRodrigo K Hamede
School of Biological Sciences, University of Tasmania, Private Bag 55, Hobart, Tasmania 7001, Australia
Proc Biol Sci 282:. 2015....
- Demonstration of immune responses against devil facial tumour disease in wild Tasmanian devilsRuth Pye
Menzies Institute for Medical Research, University of Tasmania, Hobart, Tasmania 7000, Australia
Biol Lett 12:. 2016..This has implications for tumour-host coevolution and vaccine development...