Affiliation: University of New South Wales
- Heroin use impairs smoking cessation among Australian prisonersDevon Indig
Justice and Forensic Mental Health Network, Centre for Health Research in Criminal Justice, Suite 302, Level 2, 152 Bunnerong Road, Pagewood, NSW 2035, Australia
BMC Public Health 13:1200. 2013..Many prisoners have used heroin. The aims of this study were to investigate the impact of heroin use on smoking cessation and the social determinants of health among prisoners...
- Implementation of a smoke-free policy in a high secure mental health inpatient facility: staff survey to describe experience and attitudesAngela M Hehir
Centre for Health Research in Criminal Justice, Justice and Forensic Mental Health Network J and FMHN, Suite 302, Level 2, 152 Bunnerong Rd, Eastgardens, NSW 2036, Australia
BMC Public Health 13:315. 2013..It is part of a larger evaluation describing the experience of current and discharged hospital patients...
- Non-fatal overdose among adult prisoners with a history of injecting drug use in two Australian statesElizabeth Moore
Centre for Health Research in Criminal Justice, Justice and Forensic Mental Health Network, Pagewood, NSW 2035, Australia National Drug and Alcohol Research Centre, University of New South Wales, Sydney, NSW 2052, Australia Electronic address
Drug Alcohol Depend 133:45-51. 2013..This study aimed to estimate the prevalence and correlates of lifetime NFOD among prisoners in NSW and Queensland...
- Evaluation of a smoke-free forensic hospital: patients' perspectives on issues and benefitsAngela M Hehir
Centre for Health Research in Criminal Justice, Justice Health, Pagewood, Australia
Drug Alcohol Rev 31:672-7. 2012..This study describes the experience of patients and the impact of the smoke-free policy on smoking intentions and practice...
- Prevalence and perceptions of overweight and obesity in Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal young people in custodyLeigh Haysom
Justice and Forensic Mental Health Network, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Med J Aust 199:266-70. 2013..To describe prevalence of and risk factors for overweight, obesity and self-perceived weight gain of Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal Australian young people in custody at baseline and over 12 months of follow-up...
- Childhood maltreatment and post-traumatic stress disorder among incarcerated young offendersElizabeth Moore
Centre for Health Research in Criminal Justice, Justice Health and the Forensic Mental Health Network, Sydney, Australia National Drug and Alcohol Research Centre, University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia
Child Abuse Negl 37:861-70. 2013..73, 95% CI: 1.06-42.92). This study provides evidence for the need to comprehensively assess child abuse and neglect among young offenders in order to provide appropriate treatment in custody and post-release. ..