Linda R Gowing
Affiliation: University of Adelaide
- Supplementary thiamine is still important in alcohol dependenceEllen Rees
Discipline of Pharmacology, University of Adelaide, SA 5005, Australia
Alcohol Alcohol 48:88-92. 2013..To assess the effect of mandatory thiamine enrichment of wheat flour on blood thiamine levels in an alcohol-dependent population...
- Brief report: Methadone treatment of injecting opioid users for prevention of HIV infectionLinda R Gowing
University of Adelaide and Drug and Alcohol Services, South Australia, Australia
J Gen Intern Med 21:193-5. 2006..To assess the effects of oral substitution treatment for opioid-dependent injecting drug users on HIV risk behaviors and infections...
- The place of detoxification in treatment of opioid dependenceLinda R Gowing
Drug and Alcohol Services South Australia, Australia
Curr Opin Psychiatry 19:266-70. 2006..This review summarizes current research on the management of opioid withdrawal and considers the selection of the approach in different situations...
- Alpha2-adrenergic agonists in opioid withdrawalLinda R Gowing
Evidence Based Practice Unit, Drug and Alcohol Services Council, Parkside, SA, Australia
Addiction 97:49-58. 2002..This paper presents the main findings of a systematic (Cochrane) review of the effectiveness of alpha2-adrenergic agonists in managing opioid withdrawal...
- Which substitution pharmacotherapy is most effective in treating opioid dependence?Linda R Gowing
Evidence Based Practice Unit, Drug and Alcohol Services Council, Parkside, SA
Med J Aust 176:493-4. 2002