- Taxane containing regimens for metastatic breast cancer
NHMRC Clinical Trials Centre, University of Sydney, Locked Bag 77, Camperdown, NSW, Australia, 1450
Cochrane Database Syst Rev . 2005
..It is generally accepted that taxanes are among the most active chemotherapy agents in the management of metastatic breast cancer...
- The future of institutional review boards
National Health and Medical Research Centre, Clinical Trials Center, University of Sydney, NSW, Australia
Lancet Oncol 5:325-9. 2004
- A systematic review of taxane-containing regimens for metastatic breast cancer
NHMRC Clinical Trials Centre, University of Sydney, Locked Bag 77, Camperdown, NSW 1450, Australia
Br J Cancer 93:293-301. 2005
..Taxane-containing regimens improved overall survival in women with metastatic breast cancer. Taxane-containing regimens are more effective than some, but not all, nontaxane-containing regimens...
- Sustaining hope when communicating with terminally ill patients and their families: a systematic review
Josephine M Clayton
Medical Psychology Research Unit, University of Sydney, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Psychooncology 17:641-59. 2008
..HPs may help patients to cope with their terminal prognosis by exploring and fostering realistic forms of hope that are meaningful for the particular patient and their family...
- Truth-telling in discussing prognosis in advanced life-limiting illnesses: a systematic review
Medical Psychology Research Unit, University of Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Palliat Med 21:507-17. 2007
..Studies suggest that patients can discuss the topic without it having a negative impact on them. Differences and similarities in findings from different cultures are explored...
- A systematic review of prognostic/end-of-life communication with adults in the advanced stages of a life-limiting illness: patient/caregiver preferences for the content, style, and timing of information
Sharon M Parker
National Health and Medical Research Council Clinical Trials Centre, University of Sydney, Camperdown, New South Wales, Australia
J Pain Symptom Manage 34:81-93. 2007
..However, they wanted to negotiate the content and extent of this information...
- Discrepant perceptions about end-of-life communication: a systematic review
Medical Psychology Research Unit, NHMRC Clinical Trials Centre, School of Psychology, University of Sydney, Camperdown, New South Wales, Australia
J Pain Symptom Manage 34:190-200. 2007
..HPs tended to underestimate patients' need for information and overestimate patients' understanding and awareness of their prognosis and EoL issues. HPs need to repeatedly check patients' understanding and preferences for information...
- Registering clinical trials in India: a scientific and ethical imperative
Professor B V Moses Centre for Research and Training in Evidence Based Health Care ICMR Centre for Advanced Research, Christian Medical College, Vellore 632002, Tamil Nadu, India
Natl Med J India 21:31-4. 2008
..In the absence of legislation, ethics committees and medical journal editors have an important role in ensuring prospective registration of trials...