Adam G Elshaug
Affiliation: University of Adelaide
- Implementation of a split-night protocol to improve efficiency in assessment and treatment of obstructive sleep apnoeaA G Elshaug
Department of Public Health, The University of Adelaide, SA 5005, Australia
Intern Med J 35:251-4. 2005..With over 56,000 sleep studies carried out annually, this technique has significant utility in evidence-based practice...
- Addressing "waste" in diagnostic imaging: some implications of comparative effectiveness researchAdam G Elshaug
Discipline of Public Health, School of Population Health and Clinical Practice, University of Adelaide, Adelaide, Australia
J Am Coll Radiol 7:603-13. 2010..Once identified, these technologies should be formally evaluated for their performance in improving patient health without restricting the availability of other effective interventions...
- Exploring policy makers' perspectives on a clinical controversy: airway surgery for adult obstructive sleep apnoeaA G Elshaug
Discipline of Public Health, University of Adelaide, Adelaide, Australia
Qual Saf Health Care 18:397-401. 2009..Policy stakeholders were canvassed to assess their perspectives on this...
- Identifying existing health care services that do not provide value for moneyAdam G Elshaug
Adelaide Health Technology Assessment, Discipline of Public Health, University of Adelaide, Adelaide, SA, Australia
Med J Aust 190:269-73. 2009..The process could be jointly funded by all relevant stakeholders but centrally administered, with HTA groups resourced to undertake identification and assessment and to liaise with clinicians, consumers and funding stakeholders...
- Exploring policy-makers' perspectives on disinvestment from ineffective healthcare practicesAdam G Elshaug
The University of Adelaide, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Int J Technol Assess Health Care 24:1-9. 2008..Australian policy stakeholders were canvassed to assess their perspectives on the challenges and the nature of disinvestment...
- Upper airway surgery should not be first line treatment for obstructive sleep apnoea in adultsAdam G Elshaug
Discipline of Public Health, University of Adelaide, SA 5005, Australia
BMJ 336:44-5. 2008
- Challenges in Australian policy processes for disinvestment from existing, ineffective health care practicesAdam G Elshaug
Discipline of Public Health, The University of Adelaide, Mail Drop 207, Adelaide, SA, Australia, 5005
Aust New Zealand Health Policy 4:23. 2007..In this paper we examine key challenges for disinvestment from these interventions and explore potential policy-related avenues to advance a disinvestment agenda...
- Redefining success in airway surgery for obstructive sleep apnea: a meta analysis and synthesis of the evidenceAdam G Elshaug
Discipline of Public Health, The University of Adelaide, Australia
Sleep 30:461-7. 2007..Though debate may occur in the clinical sphere, it is necessary to appreciate the ever-increasing funding and policy focus on cost effectiveness and "efficacy" in health care...
- An analysis of the evidence-practice continuum: is surgery for obstructive sleep apnoea contraindicated?Adam G Elshaug
Discipline of Public Health, The University of Adelaide, Adelaid, and Respiratory Medicine Unit, The Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Woodville, SA, Australia
J Eval Clin Pract 13:3-9. 2007..The role of these operations remains controversial, with perspectives on treatment efficacy varying considerably. Despite this, their use is proliferating...
- The ASTUTE Health study protocol: deliberative stakeholder engagements to inform implementation approaches to healthcare disinvestmentAmber M Watt
School of Population Health, The University of Adelaide, North Terrace, Adelaide, SA, Australia
Implement Sci 7:101. 2012....
- Assisted reproductive technologies: a systematic review of safety and effectiveness to inform disinvestment policyAmber M Watt
School of Population Health and Clinical Practice, The University of Adelaide, Adelaide 5005, SA, Australia
Health Policy 102:200-13. 2011..This systematic review examined key factors associated with specific benefits and harms of ART to inform the development of a model for generating policy recommendations within an Australian disinvestment research agenda...
- Should there be a female age limit on public funding for assisted reproductive technology?Drew Carter
School of Population Health, The University of Adelaide, Adelaide, Australia 5005
J Bioeth Inq 10:79-91. 2013..We conclude with some inter-country comparison. New Zealand and Swedish policies are uncommonly transparent and thus demonstrate particularly well how the arguments we explore have been put into practice...
- Engaging clinicians in evidence-based disinvestment: role and perceptions of evidenceAmber M Watt
The University of Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Int J Technol Assess Health Care 28:211-9. 2012..The aim of this study was to determine how evidence from systematic review (SR) is perceived and negotiated by expert stakeholders in considering a technology for potential disinvestment...
- What counts and how to count it: physicians' constructions of evidence in a disinvestment contextKatherine Hodgetts
School of Population Health and Clinical Practice, The University of Adelaide, North Terrace, Adelaide 5005, SA, Australia
Soc Sci Med 75:2191-9. 2012....
- News and social media: windows into community perspectives on disinvestmentJackie M Street
The University of Adelaide School of Population Health and Clinical Practice Level 7, 178 North Terrace Mail Drop 650 550, Adelaide, SA 5005, Australia
Int J Technol Assess Health Care 27:376-83. 2011..0--commercial media output, blogs, and discussion forums--can provide an understanding of media framing, community perspectives, and the sociopolitical aspects of an entrenched technology...
- Depression and Anxiety Outcomes Associated with Failed Assisted Reproductive Technologies: A Systematic Review and Meta-AnalysisAdriana Milazzo
School of Public Health, The University of Adelaide, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
PLoS ONE 11:e0165805. 2016..Our study examined the psychological outcomes associated with failed ART treatment outcomes in men and women...
- A systematic review of economic analyses of telehealth services using real time video communicationVictoria A Wade
Discipline of Public Health, The University of Adelaide, North Tce, Adelaide 5005, Australia
BMC Health Serv Res 10:233. 2010....
- Diagnostic performance of serum cobalamin tests: a systematic review and meta-analysisCameron D Willis
School of Population Health and Clinical Practice, The University of Adelaide, South Australia
Pathology 43:472-81. 2011..This study aimed to systematically assess the evidence of diagnostic accuracy for serum cbl tests across patient subgroups...