Bronwyn A Crawford
Affiliation: University of Sydney
- Randomized placebo-controlled trial of androgen effects on muscle and bone in men requiring long-term systemic glucocorticoid treatmentBronwyn A L Crawford
Department of Endocrinology, ANZAC Research Institute, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital and University of Sydney, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 88:3167-76. 2003..001). These results suggest that androgen therapy may have a role in ameliorating adverse effects of glucocorticoid therapy such as muscle and bone loss and aromatization is necessary for androgen action on bone but not on muscle...
- The heterogeneity of bone disease in cirrhosis: a multivariate analysisBronwyn A L Crawford
Department of Endocrinology, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital and University of Sydney, Camperdown, NSW 2050, Australia
Osteoporos Int 14:987-94. 2003....
- Vitamin D replacement for cirrhosis-related bone diseaseBronwyn A Crawford
Royal Prince Alfred Hospital and Concord General Repatriation Hospital, and a Senior Clinical Lecturer in the Faculty of Medicine at the University of Sydney, Australia
Nat Clin Pract Gastroenterol Hepatol 3:689-99. 2006....
- Bone scintigraphy in acute intraosseous disc herniationBronwyn A Crawford
Department of Endocrinology, Concord Hospital, Concord, Australia
Clin Nucl Med 32:790-2. 2007..Acute disc herniation has rarely been reported in the scintigraphic literature and should be kept in mind in such circumstances, particularly in older patients...
- Effect of ascites on bone density measurement in cirrhosisEternity D Labio
NHMRC Center of Clinical Research Excellence to Improve Outcome in Chronic Liver Disease, AW Morrow Gastroenterology and Liver Center, University of Sydney, Camperdown, New South Wales, Australia
J Clin Densitom 10:391-4. 2007..These results suggest that ascites cause a fluid artifact in the soft tissue and bone interface that can falsely lower BMD measurements, particularly in the spine...
- Iodine toxicity from soy milk and seaweed ingestion is associated with serious thyroid dysfunctionBronwyn A Crawford
University of Sydney, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Med J Aust 193:413-5. 2010..These products were found to contain high levels of iodine. Despite increasing awareness of iodine deficiency, the potential for iodine toxicity, particularly from sources such as seaweed, is less well recognised...
- A Leydig cell tumor of the ovary resulting in extreme hyperandrogenism, erythrocytosis, and recurrent pulmonary embolismPinar Kozan
Departments of Endocrinology P K, S C, B A C, Andrology D J H, and Gynecology A H P, Concord General Repatriation Hospital, Concord, NSW 2139 Australia Sydney ANZAC Research Institute D J H, Concord, NSW 2139, Australia and The University of Sydney D J H, B A C, Sydney, NSW 2006, Australia
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 99:12-7. 2014..Secondary erythrocytosis due to androgens is most commonly seen in the context of T replacement therapy in men. Leydig cell ovarian tumors are a rare cause of virilization, erythrocytosis, and thromboembolism...
- Zoledronic acid prevents bone loss after liver transplantation: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trialBronwyn A L Crawford
Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, University of New South Wales, NHMRC Clinical Trials Centre, and University of Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Ann Intern Med 144:239-48. 2006..Clinically important rapid bone loss occurs within 3 to 6 months after liver transplantation and may be associated with osteoporotic fractures...