J C Craig
Affiliation: University of Sydney
- Urinary tract infection: new perspectives on a common diseaseJ C Craig
Department of Public Health and Community Medicine, University of Sydney, Australia
Curr Opin Infect Dis 14:309-13. 2001..Interventions to prevent recurrent urinary tract infection, particularly low-dose, long-term antimicrobial agents may not be effective and placebo-controlled trials are now required...
- Interventions for renal vasculitis in adults. A systematic reviewGiles D Walters
The Canberra Hospital, Canberra, Australia
BMC Nephrol 11:12. 2010..This systematic review was conducted to determine the benefits and harms of any intervention for the treatment of renal vasculitis in adults...
- Evidence-based medicine: useful tools for decision makingJ C Craig
Department of Public Health and Community Medicine, University of Sydney, NSW
Med J Aust 174:248-53. 2001..Computer-assisted decision support tools for clinicians facilitate integration of individual patient data with the best available research data...
- Expanding the evidence base in transplantation: more and better randomized trials, and extending the value of observational dataJonathan C Craig
Screening and Diagnostic Test Evaluation Program, School of Public Health, University of Sydney, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Transplantation 86:32-5. 2008....
- Feasibility study of the early detection and treatment of renal disease by mass screeningJ C Craig
Department of Public Health and Community Medicine, University of Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Intern Med J 32:6-14. 2002..To determine whether mass screening for proteinuria may be worthwhile in the detection of early renal disease in Australians...
- Parental perspectives on caring for a child with chronic kidney disease: an in-depth interview studyA Tong
Centre for Kidney Research, The Children s Hospital at Westmead, Westmead, NSW, Australia
Child Care Health Dev 36:549-57. 2010..Children diagnosed with chronic kidney disease (CKD) depend on their parents for complex, continuous and intensive support. The study aimed to explore the experiences of parents who have children with CKD...
- Renal impairment and anaemia in a population-based study of older peopleR G Cumming
School of Public Health and Centre for Education and Research on Ageing, University of Sydney, Concord Hospital C25, Concord, NSW 2139, Australia
Intern Med J 34:20-3. 2004..Established renal failure is a known cause of anaemia. However, the association between more modest levels of renal impairment and anaemia is unclear...
- Growth hormone treatment in children with chronic renal failure: a meta-analysis of randomized controlled trialsD Vimalachandra
Centre for Kidney Research, The Children's Hospital at Westmead, NSW, Australia
J Pediatr 139:560-7. 2001....
- Identifying high risk groups and quantifying absolute risk of cancer after kidney transplantation: a cohort study of 15,183 recipientsA C Webster
NHMRC Centre for Clinical Research Excellence in Renal Medicine, Children s Hospital at Westmead, NSW, Australia
Am J Transplant 7:2140-51. 2007..Men aged 45-54 surviving 10 years have cancer risks varying from 1 in 13 (non-white, no prior cancer, diabetic ESKD) to 1 in 5 (white, prior cancer, other ESKD)...
- Different priorities: a comparison of parents' and health professionals' perceptions of quality of life in quadriplegic cerebral palsyA M Morrow
Centre for Kidney Research, The Children s Hospital at Westmead, Locked Bag 4001, Westmead NSW 2145, Sydney, Australia
Arch Dis Child 93:119-25. 2008..Our aim was to identify the major determinants of feeding-related quality of life (QoL) in children with quadriplegic CP from the perspective of parents and to compare findings with the perceptions of health professionals...
- Early chronic kidney disease in Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal Australian children: remoteness, socioeconomic disadvantage or race?L Haysom
Centre for Kidney Research, The Children s Hospital at Westmead and The School of Public Health, University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia
Kidney Int 71:787-94. 2007..Aboriginal children have no increase in albuminuria, proteinuria, or persistent hematuria, which are more important markers for CKD. This suggests ESKD in Aboriginal people may be preventable during early adult life...
- Prevention and treatment of renal disease in Henoch-Schönlein purpura: a systematic reviewW Chartapisak
Cochrane Renal Group, Centre for Kidney Research, The Children s Hospital at Westmead, Sydney, Australia
Arch Dis Child 94:132-7. 2009..To determine the benefits and harms of therapies used to prevent or treat renal involvement in Henoch-Schönlein purpura...
- A reproducible pediatric daytime urinary incontinence questionnaireP Sureshkumar
Centre for Kidney Research, Royal Alexandra Hospital for Children and Department of Public Health and Community Medicine, University of Sydney, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
J Urol 165:569-73. 2001..We consider it to be a useful instrument for ascertaining information on urinary incontinence and other voiding symptoms...
- Antibiotics and surgery for vesicoureteric reflux: a meta-analysis of randomised controlled trialsD Wheeler
Centre for Kidney Research and Cochrane Renal Group, NHMRC Centre of Clinical Research Excellence in Renal Medicine, The Children s Hospital at Westmead, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Arch Dis Child 88:688-94. 2003..To evaluate the benefits and harms of treatments for vesicoureteric reflux in children...
- Short compared with standard duration of antibiotic treatment for urinary tract infection: a systematic review of randomised controlled trialsM Michael
Centre for Kidney Research, The Children s Hospital at Westmead, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Arch Dis Child 87:118-23. 2002..To compare the effectiveness of short course (2-4 days) with standard duration oral antibiotic treatment (7-14 days) for urinary tract infection (UTI)...
- The Kidney Disease: improving Global Outcomes website: comparison of guidelines as a tool for harmonizationH Vanbelleghem
University Hospital, Gent, Belgium
Kidney Int 71:1054-61. 2007..The tables displayed on the website offer a basis for structuring this process, a procedure which has recently been initiated by a body composed of the five guideline development groups...
- Growth hormone for children with chronic kidney diseaseD Vimalachandra
Cochrane Database Syst Rev . 2006....
- Protocol of the Long-term Impact of RAS Inhibition on Cardiorenal Outcomes (LIRICO) randomized trialA Maione
Department of Clinical Pharmacology and Epidemiology, Consorzio Mario Negri Sud, S Maria Imbaro, Chieti Italy
J Nephrol 20:646-55. 2007..Patients will be randomly allocated to ACEIs, ARBs or their combination. The study has been approved and funded by the Agenzia Italiana del Farmaco (A.I.F.A.) within the 2005 funding plan for independent research on drugs...
- Oral retinoids for the prevention of skin cancers in solid organ transplant recipients: a systematic review of randomized controlled trialsK Chen
Department of Dermatology, Royal Hospital Haslar, Gosport, Portsmouth, UK
Br J Dermatol 152:518-23. 2005..Skin cancers developing in transplant recipients are more aggressive in behaviour. Therapeutic options to reduce and/or delay the development of cutaneous neoplasms are therefore of interest...
- Carbapenem-resistant Acinetobacter baumannii in intensive care unit patients: risk factors for acquisition, infection and their consequencesE G Playford
Infection Management Services, Princess Alexandra Hospital, Brisbane, Australia
J Hosp Infect 65:204-11. 2007....