Richard Stewart Bradbury
Affiliation: University of Tasmania
- Antimicrobial susceptibility testing of cystic fibrosis and non-cystic fibrosis clinical isolates of Pseudomonas aeruginosa: a comparison of three methodsR S Bradbury
CF Research Group, Menzies Research Institute, School of Medicine, University of Tasmania, Hobart, Australia
Br J Biomed Sci 68:1-4. 2011..aeruginosa infection...
- Poor clinical outcomes associated with a multi-drug resistant clonal strain of Pseudomonas aeruginosa in the Tasmanian cystic fibrosis populationRICHARD BRADBURY
Respiratory Research Group, Menzies Research Institute, University of Tasmania, Collins Street, Hobart, Tasmania, Australia
Respirology 13:886-92. 2008..Patients in Tasmania are geographically dispersed and when this study was conducted (2003) there was no central CF clinic, with patients receiving treatment in regional hospitals...
- Epidemiology of Pseudomonas aeruginosa in a tertiary referral teaching hospitalR S Bradbury
Microbiology Department, Royal Hobart Hospital, Cardio Respiratory Research Group, Menzies Research Institute, School of Medicine, University of Tasmania, Hobart, Tasmania
J Hosp Infect 73:151-6. 2009..P. aeruginosa in the non-CF settings was found to be panmictic, and no cross-infection or acquisition of hospital environment strains by patients was observed...
- Virulence gene distribution in clinical, nosocomial and environmental isolates of Pseudomonas aeruginosaR S Bradbury
Microbiology Department, Royal Hobart Hospital, Liverpool Street, Hobart, TAS, Australia
J Med Microbiol 59:881-90. 2010..01) when compared to other clinical isolates (P<0.01), which may indicate decreased virulence. No specific virulence factor genotype was associated with the cystic fibrosis epidemic strains tested...
- Decreased virulence of cystic fibrosis Pseudomonas aeruginosa in Dictyostelium discoideumRichard Stewart Bradbury
Cystic Fibrosis Research Group, School of Medicine, University of Tasmania, Collins Street, Hobart, TAS 7000, Australia
Microbiol Immunol 55:224-30. 2011..discoideum when growing on CF isolates were also noted. This is the first description of P. aeruginosa isolates from clinical and environmental sources supporting the growth of D. discoideum...
- Preliminary feasibility and modelling of a liquid matrix Dictyostelium discoideum virulence assay for Pseudomonas aeruginosaAlan Charles Champion
a School of Medicine, University of Tasmania, Hobart, Australia
Br J Biomed Sci 73:51-5. 2016..To develop and determine the feasibility of using a liquid matrix adaptation of the Dictyostelium discoideum bacterial virulence assay by testing on well-characterised clinical and environmental isolates of Pseudomonas aeruginosa...
- Maternal and neonatal sepsis caused by Haemophilus influenzae type dS Warren
Department of Microbiology and Infectious Diseases, Royal Hobart Hospital, Hobart, Tasmania, Australia
J Med Microbiol 59:370-2. 2010..The placental and neonatal isolates were both found to be serotype d by PCR, and were indistinguishable by PFGE...