Affiliation: University of Melbourne
- Growing community: the impact of the Stephanie Alexander Kitchen Garden Program on the social and learning environment in primary schoolsKaren Block
University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Health Educ Behav 39:419-32. 2012..In this analysis, quantitative findings failed to support findings from the primary analysis. Limitations as well as benefits of a mixed-methods approach to evaluation of complex community interventions are discussed...
- Mental Health Following Separation in a Disaster: The Role of AttachmentH Colin Gallagher
Melbourne School of Psychological Sciences, University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Australia
J Trauma Stress 29:56-64. 2016..06 vs. b = 0.22). These results suggest that attachment anxiety amplifies a negative reaction to separation; meanwhile, for avoidant individuals, separation in times of danger may facilitate defensive cognitive processes. ..
- Expanding children's food experiences: the impact of a school-based kitchen garden programLisa Gibbs
Jack Brockhoff Child Health and Wellbeing Program, The McCaughey VicHealth Centre for Community Wellbeing, University of Melbourne, Australia
J Nutr Educ Behav 45:137-46. 2013..Evaluate achievement of the Stephanie Alexander Kitchen Garden Program in increasing child appreciation of diverse, healthy foods...
- Psychological outcomes following the Victorian Black Saturday bushfiresRichard A Bryant
School of Psychology, University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia Emergency Services, Australian Red Cross, Melbourne, Australia
Aust N Z J Psychiatry 48:634-43. 2014..We aimed to map the prevalence and predictors of psychological outcomes in affected communities 3-4 years after the Black Saturday bushfires in the state of Victoria, Australia...
- The role of anger and ongoing stressors in mental health following a natural disasterDavid Forbes
Australian Centre for Posttraumatic Mental Health and Department of Psychiatry, University of Melbourne, Carlton, Australia
Aust N Z J Psychiatry 49:706-13. 2015....
- Beyond Bushfires: Community, Resilience and Recovery - a longitudinal mixed method study of the medium to long term impacts of bushfires on mental health and social connectednessLisa Gibbs
Jack Brockhoff Child Health and Wellbeing Program, McCaughey VicHealth Centre for Community Wellbeing, University of Melbourne, Level 5, 207 Bouverie Street, Carlton, VIC 3053, Australia
BMC Public Health 13:1036. 2013..In order to progress future preparedness, response and recovery, it is crucial to measure and understand the impact of disasters at both individual and community levels...
- Accessing maternal and child health services in Melbourne, Australia: reflections from refugee families and service providersElisha Riggs
The Jack Brockhoff Child Health and Wellbeing Program, The McCaughey Centre, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Australia
BMC Health Serv Res 12:117. 2012..This study aims to explore experiences of using MCH services, from the perspective of families from refugee backgrounds and service providers...