Affiliation: University of New South Wales
- Early cystic fibrosis lung disease detected by bronchoalveolar lavage and lung clearance indexYvonne Belessis
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Sydney Children s Hospital, NSW, Australia
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 185:862-73. 2012..Unrecognized airway infection and inflammation in young children with cystic fibrosis (CF) may lead to irreversible lung disease; therefore early detection and treatment is highly desirable...
- Risk factors for an intensive care unit admission in children with asthmaYvonne Belessis
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Sydney Children s Hospital, Randwick, New South Wales, Australia
Pediatr Pulmonol 37:201-9. 2004..Specialist referral of children with multiple ED presentations may improve asthma control and reduce the risk of an ICU admission. Background asthma management remains suboptimal in children needing hospitalization...
- Once daily insulin detemir in cystic fibrosis with insulin deficiencyShihab Hameed
Department of Endocrinology, Sydney Children s Hospital, Randwick, New South Wales, Australia
Arch Dis Child 97:464-7. 2012..18±0.29 SDS, p=0.0001; +3.7±10.6%, p=0.007; +5.2±12.7%, p=0.013) and in patients with early insulin deficiency (+0.22±0.31 SDS, p=0.003; +5.3±11.5%, p=0.004; +5.8±13.4%, p=0.024). Randomised controlled trials are now needed...
- Diagnostic accuracy and distress associated with oropharyngeal suction in cystic fibrosisMichael Doumit
Sydney Children s Hospital, High St, Randwick, NSW2031, Australia University of NSW, High St, Randwick, NSW2031, Australia Electronic address
J Cyst Fibros 15:473-8. 2016....
- Single high-dose oral vitamin D3 (stoss) therapy--a solution to vitamin D deficiency in children with cystic fibrosis?Darren Shepherd
Sydney Children s Hospital, High Street, Randwick, NSW 2031, Australia Electronic address
J Cyst Fibros 12:177-82. 2013..To determine the safety and efficacy of stoss therapy on vitamin D levels over a 12 month period in children with cystic fibrosis and vitamin D deficiency (<75 nmol/L)...
- Acid and non-acid reflux during physiotherapy in young children with cystic fibrosisMichael Doumit
Sydney Children s Hospital, Sydney, Australia University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia
Pediatr Pulmonol 47:119-24. 2012..Furthermore, there is currently no evidence on the impact of physiotherapy on GOR as assessed by pH-multichannel intraluminal impedance (pH-MII)...
- Absence of back to school peaks in human rhinovirus detections and respiratory symptoms in a cohort of children with asthmaSacha Stelzer-Braid
Virology Research Laboratory, SEALS, Prince of Wales Hospital, Randwick, Australia
J Med Virol 88:578-87. 2016..This study suggests that hRV infections are common throughout the year among children, and differences in virus prevalence alone may not account for peaks in asthma symptoms...
- Early glucose abnormalities in cystic fibrosis are preceded by poor weight gainShihab Hameed
Endocrinology, Sydney Children s Hospital, Randwick, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Diabetes Care 33:221-6. 2010..Existing diagnostic criteria for diabetes were based on microvascular complications rather than on cystic fibrosis-specific outcomes. We aimed to relate glycemic status in cystic fibrosis to weight and lung function changes...