Simon R Bailey
Affiliation: University of Melbourne
- Corticosteroid-associated laminitisSimon R Bailey
School of Veterinary Science, University of Melbourne, Corner of Park Drive and Flemington Road, Parkville, Victoria 3052, Australia
Vet Clin North Am Equine Pract 26:277-85. 2010..New evidence, however, is improving the understanding of the causes of laminitis, particularly related to endocrine factors. The focus of this article is discussing the circumstances under which steroids might cause this condition...
- Immunoselected STRO-3(+) mesenchymal precursor cells reduce inflammation and improve clinical outcomes in a large animal model of monoarthritis.Anwar Abdalmula
Stem Cell Res Ther 8:22. 2017..The results of this study have demonstrated the capacity of IV-administered MPCs to mitigate the clinical signs and some of the inflammatory mediators responsible for joint tissue destruction in a large animal model of monoarthritis...
- Plasma concentrations of endotoxin and platelet activation in the developmental stage of oligofructose-induced laminitisS R Bailey
University of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Vet Immunol Immunopathol 129:167-73. 2009..Therefore, endotoxin may contribute in the initiation of the early inflammatory changes observed in experimental models of acute laminitis...
- Airway vascular reactivity and vascularisation in human chronic airway diseaseSimon R Bailey
Faculty of Veterinary Science, University of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Pulm Pharmacol Ther 22:417-25. 2009..In this review article, we provide an account of recent developments in the areas of vascular reactivity and airway angiogenesis in chronic airway diseases...
- Effect of mesenchymal precursor cells on the systemic inflammatory response and endothelial dysfunction in an ovine model of collagen-induced arthritisLaura M Dooley
Faculty of Veterinary Science, The University of Melbourne, Parkville, Victoria, Australia
PLoS ONE 10:e0124144. 2015..This study aimed to characterise the changes in systemic inflammatory markers and endothelial function following the intravenous administration of MPC, in the ovine model...
- Endothelial dysfunction in an ovine model of collagen-induced arthritisLaura M Dooley
Faculty of Veterinary Science, The University of Melbourne, Parkville, Vic, Australia
J Vasc Res 51:90-101. 2014..The aim of this study was to assess endothelial function in isolated coronary and digital arteries using an ovine model of collagen-induced RA...