Genomes and Genes
University of Melbourne
Organization: University of Melbourne
- Development of the lateral ventricular choroid plexus in a marsupial, Monodelphis domesticaShane A Liddelow
Department of Pharmacology, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne, 3039, Australia
Cerebrospinal Fluid Res 7:16. 2010..Their mitotic activity in the adult is low. During development, the pattern of growth and timing of acquisition of functional properties of plexus epithelium are not known...
- Chemical shift mapping of gammadelta resolvase dimer and activated tetramer: mechanistic implications for DNA strand exchangeJohn D Gehman
Department of Molecular Biophysics and Biochemistry, Yale University, New Haven, CT 06511, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1784:2086-92. 2008....
- The fidelity, occasional promiscuity, and versatility of T cell receptor recognitionDale I Godfrey
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Melbourne, Parkville, Victoria 3010, Australia
Immunity 28:304-14. 2008..Collectively, these studies have revealed the versatility of the TCR in recognizing the distinct yet evolutionarily related proteinaceous and lipid-presenting molecules of the immune system...
- Evidence synthesis, upstream determinants and health inequalities: the role of a proposed new Cochrane Public Health Review GroupElizabeth Waters
Cochrane Health Promotion and Public Health Field, The McCaughey Centre, School of Population Health, The University of Melbourne, Australia
Eur J Public Health 18:221-3. 2008
- A floxed allele of the androgen receptor gene causes hyperandrogenization in male miceHelen E MacLean
Department of Medicine, University of Melbourne, Austin Health, Heidelberg, Victoria, Australia
Physiol Genomics 33:133-7. 2008..In addition, this androgen hypersensitivity model may be useful to further investigate the effects of subtle perturbations of androgen action in a range of androgen-responsive systems in the male...
- Pueraria lobata (Kudzu root) hangover remedies and acetaldehyde-associated neoplasm riskNeil R McGregor
University of Melbourne, Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences, 9 Auburn Grove, Armadale, Victoria 3143, Australia
Alcohol 41:469-78. 2007..Pueraria lobata appears to be an inappropriate herb for use in herbal hangover remedies as it is an inhibitor of ALDH2. The recommendations for its use should be similar to those for the ALDH2 inhibitor, Disulfiram...
- A systematic review of the job-stress intervention evaluation literature, 1990-2005Anthony D LaMontagne
McCaughey Centre VicHealth Centre for the Promotion of Mental Health and Community Wellbeing, School of Population Health, University of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Int J Occup Environ Health 13:268-80. 2007..Further measures are needed to foster the dissemination and implementation of systems approaches to examining interventions for job stress...
- Clinical staging: a heuristic model for psychiatry and youth mental healthPatrick D McGorry
University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Vic, Australia
Med J Aust 187:S40-2. 2007..Young people with emerging mental and substance use disorders could be the main beneficiaries...
- Host and environmental factors associated with Hib in England, 1998-2002J McVernon
Immunisation Department, Health Protection Agency Centre for Infections, London, UK
Arch Dis Child 93:670-5. 2008..Declining effectiveness of the UK's Hib vaccine programme was observed between 1998 and 2002...
- From parasite to mutualist: rapid evolution of Wolbachia in natural populations of DrosophilaAndrew R Weeks
Department of Genetics, Centre for Environmental Stress and Adaptation Research, University of Melbourne, Parkville, Victoria, Australia
PLoS Biol 5:e114. 2007..Our data suggest smaller but qualitatively similar changes in relative fecundity in nature and demonstrate that fecundity-increasing Wolbachia variants are currently polymorphic in natural populations...
- Therapeutic approaches for muscle wasting disordersGordon S Lynch
Basic and Clinical Myology Laboratory, Department of Physiology, The University of Melbourne, Victoria 3010, Australia
Pharmacol Ther 113:461-87. 2007..The emphasis is on therapies that can increase muscle mass and improve functional outcomes that will ultimately lead to improvement in the quality of life for affected patients...
- Obsessive-compulsive behaviours in specific situations: the relative influence of appraisals of control, responsibility and threatRichard Moulding
Department of Psychology, University of Melbourne, Parkville, Victoria 3052, Australia
Behav Res Ther 45:1693-702. 2007..Control appraisals were particularly relevant to use of action, and to affect in the low responsibility situations. A possible interactive model of desire for control, threat and responsibility is discussed...
- Living patients in a permanent vegetative state as legitimate research subjectsS Curry
Department of Philosophy, Centre for Applied Philosophy and Public Ethics, Old Quad, University of Melbourne, VIC 3010, Australia
J Med Ethics 32:606-7; discussion 609-11. 2006
- Using bivariate models to understand between- and within-cluster regression coefficients, with application to twin dataLyle C Gurrin
Centre for Molecular, Environmental, Genetic and Analytic Epidemiology, School of Population Health, University of Melbourne, Carlton, Victoria 3053, Australia
Biometrics 62:745-51. 2006..We illustrate these results in a study of female twin pairs from Australia and North America relating mammographic breast density to weight and body mass index...
- Skeletal and hormonal responses to sunlight deprivation in Antarctic expeditionersS Iuliano-Burns
Austin Health, University of Melbourne, West Heidelberg, Australia
Osteoporos Int 20:1523-8. 2009..With emerging vitamin D insufficiency, serum calcium decreased, PTH increased, and bone loss at the proximal femur was observed. Baseline serum 25(OH)D levels >100 nmol/L prevented vitamin D insufficiency...
- Central neural regulation of cardiovascular function by angiotensin: a focus on the rostral ventrolateral medullaAndrew M Allen
Department of Physiology, University of Melbourne, and Howard Florey Institute, Melbourne, Vic, Australia
Neuroendocrinology 89:361-9. 2009....
- Clinical reasoning for child and adolescent mental health practitioners: the mindful formulationSophie S Havighurst
University of Melbourne, Australia
Clin Child Psychol Psychiatry 14:251-71. 2009..This means that problems often associated with working with complex cases can be identified and addressed, reducing the risk of drop out, poor engagement or treatment failure...
- Pulmonary and neurological follow-up of extremely preterm infantsLex W Doyle
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, The Royal Women s Hospital, University of Melbourne, and Murdoch Children s Research Institute, Parkville, Vic, Australia
Neonatology 97:388-94. 2010..At school age other cognitive impairments including learning disabilities and behavioural problems occur more frequently. Despite these difficulties, most EP survivors escape without major long-term pulmonary or neurological problems...
- Prevention and early intervention to improve mental health in higher education students: a reviewNicola Reavley
Orygen Youth Health Research Centre, Centre for Youth Mental Health, University of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Early Interv Psychiatry 4:132-42. 2010..In most developed countries, over 50% of young people are in higher education...
- Spinal reflexes in the long-tailed stingray, Himantura faiPeter D Kitchener
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, University of Melbourne, Parkville, Vic, Australia
J Comp Physiol A Neuroethol Sens Neural Behav Physiol 196:263-70. 2010....
- Genetic variation among Helicoverpa armigera populations as assessed by microsatellites: a cautionary tale about accurate allele scoringA R Weeks
Centre for Environmental Stress and Adaptation Research CESAR, Department of Genetics, The University of Melbourne, Parkville, Victoria, Australia
Bull Entomol Res 100:445-50. 2010..armigera and the development of area-wide control options, as populations need to be considered as one panmictic unit. The results also highlight potential problems of automated scoring systems when these are not checked carefully...
- An integrated pipeline for next-generation sequencing and annotation of mitochondrial genomesAaron R Jex
Department of Veterinary Science, The University of Melbourne, Victoria 3030, Australia
Nucleic Acids Res 38:522-33. 2010..These mt genomic data provide a rich source of markers for studies of the systematics and population genetics of a group of socioeconomically important pathogens of humans and other animals...
- Exploring the effects of government funding on community-based organizations: 'top-down' or 'bottom-up' approaches to health promotion?Gemma E Carey
Department of General Practice, University of Melbourne, VIC 3010, Australia
Glob Health Promot 16:45-52. 2009..In contrast, our findings suggest that due to government funding, those best positioned to promote community participation and empowerment may be experiencing a converse shift away from 'bottom-up' approaches...
- The impact of caring for a child with cerebral palsy: quality of life for mothers and fathersE Davis
McCaughey Centre VicHealth Centre for the Promotion of Mental Health and Community Wellbeing, School of Population Health, University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Level 5, 207 Bouverie St, Carlton, VIC 3053, Australia
Child Care Health Dev 36:63-73. 2010..The aims of this study are to: (1) explore the QOL of mothers and fathers of children with CP aged 3-18 years; and (2) examine whether the impact of caring for a child with CP changes from childhood to adolescence...
- Neuroanthropology: a humanistic science for the study of the culture-brain nexusJuan F Domínguez Duque
Howard Florey Institute, University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Vic, Australia
Soc Cogn Affect Neurosci 5:138-47. 2010..We also provide examples that illustrate the proposed methodological model for neuroanthropology. We conclude with a discussion about specific contributions the field can make to the study of the culture-brain nexus...
- Diagnostic errors in patients dying in hospital: radiology's contributionG S Heriot
Department of Medical Imaging, St Vincent s Hospital, University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
J Med Imaging Radiat Oncol 53:188-93. 2009..The taxonomy of diagnostic error we present is comprehensive, allows retrospective audit of error with commonly available data, and provides clinically useful identification of the point of error initiation...
- Real-time reception of multi-gigabit coherent optical OFDM signalsQi Yang
Victoria Research Laboratory NICTA, Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Opt Express 17:7985-92. 2009..To the best of our knowledge, we have achieved the record real-time reception date rate for a single-input single-output (SISO) coherent OFDM signal, in either RF domain or optical domain...
- 11C-PiB PET studies in typical sporadic Creutzfeldt-Jakob diseaseV L Villemagne
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Centre for PET, Austin Health, 145 Studley Road, Heidelberg, VIC 3084, Australia
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 80:998-1001. 2009..The purpose of this study was to explore the premortem diagnostic utility of (11)C-PiB PET in sporadic Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease (CJD)...
- The reliability and validity of the Alcohol, Smoking and Substance Involvement Screening Test (ASSIST) in first-episode psychosisLeanne Hides
Orygen Youth Health Research Centre, Centre for Youth Mental Health, University of Melbourne, Parkville Melbourne, Victoria 3052, Australia
Addict Behav 34:821-5. 2009..This study aims to determine the reliability and validity of the ASSIST for detecting substance use disorders in first-episode psychosis...
- A hazardous substance exposure prevention rating method for intervention needs assessment and effectiveness evaluation: the Small Business Exposure IndexAnthony D LaMontagne
McCaughey Centre VicHealth Centre for the Promotion of Mental Health and Community Wellbeing, Melbourne School of Population Health, University of Melbourne, Melbourne, VIC 3010, Australia
Environ Health 8:10. 2009....
- Are pregnant Australian women well informed about prenatal genetic screening? A systematic investigation using the Multidimensional Measure of Informed ChoiceHeather J Rowe
Key Centre for Women s Health in Society, School of Population Health, University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol 46:433-9. 2006....
- Models of psychological service provision under Australia's Better Outcomes in Mental Health Care programJane Pirkis
Program Evaluation Unit, School of Population Health, University of Melbourne, Melbourne, VIC 3010, Australia
Aust Health Rev 30:277-85. 2006..Many of these models were being used in combination. No model was predictive of differential levels of access, suggesting that the approach of adapting models to the local context is proving successful...
- Aspects of cancer immunotherapyIan F C McKenzie
The Austin Research Institute, Heidelberg, Victoria, Australia
Immunol Cell Biol 81:79-85. 2003....
- A type II pathway for fatty acid biosynthesis presents drug targets in Plasmodium falciparumRoss F Waller
School of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Victoria 3010, Australia
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 47:297-301. 2003..This study substantiates the importance of fatty acid synthesis for blood-stage parasite survival and shows that this pathway provides scope for the development of novel antimalarial drugs...
- Do allergens play a role in early childhood asthma?Andrew S Kemp
Departmnent of Immunology, Royal Children s Hospital, Flemington Road, Parkville, Vic
Med J Aust 177:S52-4. 2002..of asthma) an allergen-induced disease? Is it possible to modify asthma by environmental allergen manipulation in early childhood? Is it possible to modulate the immune response to allergens in a favourable direction in early childhood?..
- Baseline blood pressure but not early computed tomography changes predicts major hemorrhage after streptokinase in acute ischemic strokeA K Gilligan
National Stroke Research Institute and University of Melbourne Department of Medicine, Austin and Repatriation Medical Centre, Heidelberg West, Victoria, Australia
Stroke 33:2236-42. 2002..Intracerebral hemorrhage is the most serious complication of thrombolytic therapy for stroke. We explored factors associated with this complication in the Australian Streptokinase Trial...
- Comparative study of permanganate oxidation reactions of nucleotide bases by spectroscopyChinh T Bui
Genomic Disorders Research Centre, University of Melbourne, 7th Floor, Daly Wing, 41 Victoria Parade, Fitzroy, Melbourne, Victoria 3065, Australia
Bioorg Chem 30:133-7. 2002..The reaction was highly selective toward thymine and uracil, less with cytosine, very little reaction on guanine, and no reaction on adenine...
- Successful allogeneic stem cell transplant after invasive pulmonary zygomycosisM A Slavin
Department of Infectious Diseases, Victorian Infectious Diseases Service, Royal Melbourne Hospital, Parkville, Australia
Leuk Lymphoma 43:437-9. 2002..The lesion was surgically excised and SCT proceeded with antifungal therapy, granulocyte transfusions and G-CSF support during the period of neutropenia...
- Mouldy houses influence symptoms of asthma among atopic individualsS Dharmage
Department of Public Health, School of Population Health, The University of Melbourne, Australia
Clin Exp Allergy 32:714-20. 2002..The influence of current levels of indoor fungi on asthma is a controversial issue that needs to be resolved in order to advise patients appropriately...
- Excellent disease control and survival in patients with advanced nasopharyngeal cancer treated with chemoradiationDanny Rischin
Division of Hematology and Medical Oncology, Peter MacCallum Cancer Institute, Melbourne, Australia
J Clin Oncol 20:1845-52. 2002..To determine the efficacy and safety of epirubicin, cisplatin, and infusional fluorouracil (5-FU) chemotherapy followed by radiation with concurrent cisplatin in patients with locally and/or regionally advanced nasopharyngeal cancer...
- Evidence of recombination between 3' and 5' LTRs in macaques inoculated with SIV DNAStephen J Kent
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Melbourne, Parkville, Vic, 3010, Australia
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 18:227-30. 2002..This sequence analysis is the first demonstration of homologous recombination in vivo following administration of a single SIV strain...
- Dirty questions: Indigenous health and 'Western research'K Humphery
VicHealth Koori Health Research and Community Development Unit, School of Population Health, The University of Melbourne, Victoria
Aust N Z J Public Health 25:197-202. 2001..It also discusses the 'reform' of Aboriginal health research practices since the 1980s, particularly in relation to the development of ethical guidelines...
- Frequency of disordered zona pellucida (ZP)-induced acrosome reaction in infertile men with normal semen analysis and normal spermatozoa-ZP bindingD Y Liu
University of Melbourne Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Reproductive Services, Andrology Laboratory, Royal Women s Hospital and Melbourne IVF, Victoria 3053, Australia
Hum Reprod 16:1185-90. 2001..Thus DZPIAR is common with normospermic idiopathic infertility and this condition should be diagnosed before assisted reproductive technology since it requires intracytoplasmic sperm injection...
- The Taa1 restriction enzyme provides a simple means to identify the Q368STOP mutation of the myocilin gene in primary open angle glaucomaP N Baird
Centre for Eye Research Australia, Royal Victorian Eye and Ear Hospital, East Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Am J Ophthalmol 131:510-1. 2001..To identify a rapid and reliable method to detect the Glutamine 368 STOP (Q368STOP) disease-predisposing allele of the myocilin gene associated with adult onset, primary, open-angle glaucoma...
- Does risperidone have a place in the treatment of nonschizophrenic patients?I Schweitzer
Department of Psychiatry, University of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Int Clin Psychopharmacol 16:1-19. 2001..This article reviews the evidence that risperidone may be an effective new treatment for disorders other than schizophrenia...
- The effect of orthographic uniqueness and deviation points on lexical decisions: evidence from unilateral and bilateral-redundant presentationsAnnukka K Lindell
Department of Psychology, School of Behavioural Science, University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Q J Exp Psychol A 56:287-307. 2003..Overall, the results were interpreted as being consistent with predictions of a cohort model of word recognition, and they highlighted the effect of stimulus orientation on left and right hemisphere word recognition...
- A heparin binding synthetic peptide from human HIP / RPL29 fails to specifically differentiate between anticoagulantly active and inactive species of heparinDavid E Hoke
Center for Extracellular Matrix Biology The Texas A and M University System Health Science Center, Institute of Biosciences and Technology, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Negat Results Biomed 2:1. 2003..Thus, HIP peptide-1 cannot recognize Hp via bio-specific interactions but binds glycosaminoglycans by non-specific charge interactions...
- Two further cases of Ohdo syndrome delineate the phenotypic variability of the conditionS M White
Genetic Health Services Victoria, Royal Children s Hospital, Melbourne, Parkville 3052, Victoria, Australia
Clin Dysmorphol 12:109-13. 2003..Subtelomeric FISH studies of all chromosome arms on the two cases showed no abnormality. We propose clinical criteria for the diagnosis of Ohdo syndrome and delineate features of the severe phenotype...
- Primary sensory afferent innervation of the developing superficial dorsal horn in the South American opossum Monodelphis domesticaPeter D Kitchener
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, The University of Melbourne, Parkville, Victoria 3010, Australia
J Comp Neurol 495:37-52. 2006....
- Confidential health care for adolescents: reconciling clinical evidence with family valuesLena A Sanci
Department of General Practice, University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Vic
Med J Aust 183:410-4. 2005..Evaluation of maturity must take into account characteristics of the young person, gravity of the proposed treatment, family factors, and statutory restrictions...
- Inter-ocular transfer of the tilt illusion shows that monocular orientation mechanisms are colour selectiveJason D Forte
National Vision Research Institute, Department of Optometry and Vision Sciences, The University of Melbourne, Corner of Cardigan and Keppel Streets, Carlton, VIC 3053, Australia
Vision Res 45:2715-21. 2005..These results suggest that colour and orientation processing interact at monocular stages of visual processing, whereas binocular visual mechanisms code for form in a manner that is largely insensitive to chromatic signature...
- An inter-ethnic comparison study of clozapine dosage, clinical response and plasma levelsChee H Ng
Department of Psychiatry, University of Melbourne, Richmond, Victoria, Australia
Int Clin Psychopharmacol 20:163-8. 2005..Hence, appropriate dose adjustment should be considered in Asian patients receiving maintenance clozapine therapy in clinical practice...
- A multimedia CD-ROM tool to improve student understanding of bile salts and bilirubin metabolism: evaluation of its use in a medical hybrid PBL courseSamy A Azer
Faculty Education Unit, Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences, University of Melbourne, Parkville, Victoria, Australia
Adv Physiol Educ 29:40-50. 2005..A total of 106 first-year medical students (27 with and 79 without a prior university degree) at the University of Melbourne participated in this study...
- Pore-forming protein toxins: from structure to functionMichael W Parker
Biota Structural Biology Laboratory, St Vincent s Institute of Medical Research, 9 Princes Street, Fitzroy, Victoria 3065, Australia
Prog Biophys Mol Biol 88:91-142. 2005..Recent work suggests a number of common features in the mechanism of membrane insertion may exist for each class...
- Evaluating the impact of a preceptorship course on mental health nursing practiceRosemary Charleston
Centre for Psychiatric Nursing Research and Practice, School of Nursing, The University of Melbourne, 1 723 Swantson Street, Carlton 3010, Victoria, Australia
Int J Ment Health Nurs 13:191-7. 2004..The findings suggest that participants (n = 150) were highly satisfied with the content and delivery of the course, and that it is likely to affect their attitude towards and fulfillment of the preceptorship role...
- Effect of candesartan and lisinopril alone and in combination on blood pressure and microalbuminuriaTrefor Morgan
Department of Physiology, University of Melbourne, Victoria, 3010, Australia
J Renin Angiotensin Aldosterone Syst 5:64-71. 2004..It has been suggested that combined therapy may be more effective at reducing blood pressure (BP) than higher doses of either drug...
- Fibroblast growth factor-2 over-rides insulin-like growth factor-I induced proliferation and cell survival in human neuroblastoma cellsVincenzo C Russo
Centre for Hormone Research, Parkville, Vic, Australia
J Cell Physiol 199:371-80. 2004..Modulation of IGF binding protein abundance by FGF-2 does not play a significant role in inhibition of IGF-I induced mitogenesis...
- Domains of the TGN: coats, tethers and G proteinsPaul A Gleeson
The Russell Grimwade School of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Victoria 3010, Australia
Traffic 5:315-26. 2004..Diversity within these protein families is highlighted and shown to be critical for the functionality of the trans-Golgi network, as a mediator of protein sorting and membrane transport, and for the maintenance of Golgi structure...
- Structural biology of prionsRoberto Cappai
Department of Pathology, University of Melbourne, Australia
Contrib Microbiol 11:14-32. 2004
- Missing girls and son preference in rural India: looking beyond popular mythMridula Bandyopadhyay
Key Centre for Women s Health in Society, Department of Public Health, School of Population Health, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Australia
Health Care Women Int 24:910-26. 2003..Trajectories of selective neglect of and discrimination against daughters have been researched extensively, but the related issues of female foeticide and infanticide have been less examined...
- Immunohistochemical analysis of intracardiac ganglia of the rat heartR J Richardson
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, University of Melbourne, 3010 Parkville, Victoria, Australia
Cell Tissue Res 314:337-50. 2003..Taken together, the results of this study indicate a moderate level of chemical diversity within the intracardiac neurons of the rat. Such chemical diversity may reflect functional specialisation of neurons in the intracardiac ganglia...
- Association of presbyopic correction with changes in visual fieldsP N Dimitrov
Center for Eye Research Australia, University of Melbourne, East Melbourne, Victoria
Clin Experiment Ophthalmol 28:165-8. 2000..These data suggest that the use of presbyopic correction is associated with changes in the visual field...
- Retinal Microvascular Signs and CVD in Older PersonsTien Wong; Fiscal Year: 2005..This may ultimately lead to improved identification, and preventive and therapeutic strategies for the most common causes of morbidity, disability and mortality affecting elderly people in the United States. ..
- AUSTRALASIAN COLORECTAL CANCER FAMILY REGISTRYJohn Hopper; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- AUSTRALASIAN COLORECTAL CANCER FAMILY REGISTRYJohn Hopper; Fiscal Year: 2007..i ..
- AUSTRALIAN BREAST CANCER FAMILY REGISTRYJohn Hopper; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- PREDICTORS OF RECURRENT STROKE IN THE PROGRESS STUDYDuncan Campbell; Fiscal Year: 2003..In addition, plasma markers that predict risk of recurrent stroke may indicate novel therapies to prevent this condition. ..
- The biological activity of metal ion-gastrin complexesGRAHAM BALDWIN; Fiscal Year: 2004..In the longer term definition of high affinity receptors for PDP-metal ion complexes may permit the development of novel therapies for treatment of disorders of iron metabolism and of gastrointestinal cancers. ..
- The biology of gastrin-ferric ion complexesGRAHAM BALDWIN; Fiscal Year: 2007..Recognition that metal ions are essential for the biological activity of NAGs may permit the development of novel therapies for colon cancer. ..
- The biology of gastrin-ferric ion complexesGRAHAM BALDWIN; Fiscal Year: 2009..Recognition that metal ions are essential for the biological activity of NAGs may permit the development of novel therapies for colon cancer. ..
- Development of a P.gingivalis vaccineEric Reynolds; Fiscal Year: 2006..The recombinant proteins, protein fragments and synthetic peptide multivalent constructs will be tested as defined vaccines against P. gingivalis in murine models of disease. ..
- Impact of Oral bacterial interactions on periodontitisEric Reynolds; Fiscal Year: 2004..gingivalis, T. denticola, B. forsythus and F. nucleatum grown in monoculture and as polymicrobial cultures using 2D-gel electrophoresis, mass spectrometry and Western blotting. ..
- Genetics of Mild Hearing Loss in children Aged 6-12 yrsMelissa Wake; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Genetic modifiers of hemochromatosis phenotypeDorota Gertig; Fiscal Year: 2006..HH is a model disease for studying gene-gene interaction due to the availability of intermediate markers of iron overload and promising candidate modifier genes in iron transport pathways. ..
- Phase l study of 131 I-HuA33 with oral capecitabine in*Andrew Scott; Fiscal Year: 2006..Utilizing a cautious dose escalation protocol, this trial aims to define the maximum tolerated combination of capecitabine and 131l-huA33. ..
- HIV as a key regulator of c-MYB in human cellsRobert Ramsay; Fiscal Year: 2004..We hypothesize that Tat activates c-MYB in macrophages and that a thorough understanding of this process will advance our goal of blocking HIV transcription. ..