Affiliation: The George Institute for International Health
- Managing cardiovascular risk factors: the gap between evidence and practiceFiona Turnbull
George Institute for International Health, University of Sydney, Australia
PLoS Med 2:e131. 2005
- Effects of different blood pressure-lowering regimens on major cardiovascular events in individuals with and without diabetes mellitus: results of prospectively designed overviews of randomized trialsFiona Turnbull
The George Institute for International Health, University of Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Arch Intern Med 165:1410-9. 2005..The overviews reported herein were performed to formally compare the effects on cardiovascular events and death of different BP-lowering regimens in individuals with and without diabetes...
- Do men and women respond differently to blood pressure-lowering treatment? Results of prospectively designed overviews of randomized trialsFiona Turnbull
Blood Pressure Lowering Treatment Trialists Collaboration, The George Institute for International Health, University of Sydney, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Eur Heart J 29:2669-80. 2008..The aims of these overview analyses were to quantify the effects of blood pressure-lowering treatment in each sex and to determine if there are important differences in the proportional benefits of treatment between men and women...
- The Framingham Study, diabetes mellitus and cardiovascular disease: turning back the clockAndre Pascal Kengne
The George Institute for International Health, The University of Sydney, Camperdown, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Prog Cardiovasc Dis 53:45-51. 2010..Lines of investigation regarding cardiovascular health in this population are still wide open, and the Framingham Study continues to be part of this journey...
- Gender disparities in the assessment and management of cardiovascular risk in primary care: the AusHEART studyFiona Turnbull
The George Institute for Global Health, University of Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Eur J Cardiovasc Prev Rehabil 18:498-503. 2011....
- Blood pressure and cardiovascular disease: tracing the steps from FraminghamFiona Turnbull
Cardiovascular Division, The George Institute for International Health, Camperdown, NSW 2050, Australia
Prog Cardiovasc Dis 53:39-44. 2010..Much of our current understanding of the role blood pressure in cardiovascular disease can be attributed to decades of high quality research from Framingham...
- Effectiveness of blood pressure lowering: evidence-based comparisons between men and womenFiona Turnbull
Population Health Research, Cardiovascular Division, The George Institute for International Health, Sydney, Australia
Expert Rev Cardiovasc Ther 8:199-209. 2010..Underestimation of cardiovascular risk and supoptimal therapy are more likely to account for poorer outcomes among women. These differences highlight the importance of global initiatives such as 'Go Red for Women'...
- Evidence-based medication use among Chinese patients with acute coronary syndromes at the time of hospital discharge and 1 year after hospitalization: results from the Clinical Pathways for Acute Coronary Syndromes in China (CPACS) studyYufang Bi
The George Institute for International Health, Sydney, Australia
Am Heart J 157:509-516.e1. 2009..Although there is strong evidence for the use of antiplatelet, blood pressure-lowering, and lipid-lowering therapy in patients with acute coronary syndromes, the extent to which these medications are used in China remains uncertain...
- System barriers to the evidence-based care of acute coronary syndrome patients in China: qualitative analysisIsuru Ranasinghe
Cardiovascular Division, George Institute For Global Health, University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia
Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes 7:209-16. 2014..We performed a qualitative evaluation to examine the system-level barriers to implementing clinical pathways in the dynamic healthcare environment of China...
- Opinions of community pharmacists on the value of a cardiovascular polypill as a means of improving medication complianceKharis Burns
The George Institute for Global Health, University of Sydney, Camperdown, NSW, Australia
Int J Pharm Pract 20:155-63. 2012..The objective was to identify the main perceived barriers to compliance and to investigate pharmacists' opinions regarding the routine use of a cardiovascular polypill...
- The relationship between proteinuria and coronary risk: a systematic review and meta-analysisVlado Perkovic
The George Institute for International Health, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
PLoS Med 5:e207. 2008..We therefore undertook a systematic review of published cohort studies aiming to provide a reliable estimate of the strength of association between proteinuria and coronary heart disease...
- Effects of different blood-pressure-lowering regimens on major cardiovascular events: results of prospectively-designed overviews of randomised trialsFiona Turnbull
Blood Pressure Lowering Treatment Trialists Collaboration, The George Institute for International Health, University of Sydney, PO Box 576, Newtown, Sydney, New South Wales 2042, Australia
Lancet 362:1527-35. 2003....