Affiliation: The Eye Institute
- Accuracy and precision of LASIK flap thickness using the IntraLase femtosecond laser in 1000 consecutive casesGerard Sutton
Auckland University, Save Sight and Eye Institute, Department of Ophthalmology, Sydney Eye Hospital, Sydney, Australia
J Refract Surg 24:802-6. 2008..To report the safety and flap thickness predictability of LASIK using the IntraLase femtosecond laser...
- Rapid visual recovery after penetrating keratoplasty for keratoconusGerard Sutton
Department of Ophthalmology, Sydney Eye Hospital, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Clin Exp Ophthalmol 36:725-30. 2008..To ascertain the level and speed of visual recovery after penetrating keratoplasty for keratoconus...
- Laser in situ keratomileusis in 2010 - a reviewGerard L Sutton
Department of Ophthalmology, Auckland University, Auckland, New Zealand
Clin Exp Ophthalmol 38:192-210. 2010..This review outlines the historical background, recent technological advances, indications, patient assessment and selection, the surgical technique, as well as complications of the procedure and their management...
- The use of donor scleral patch in ophthalmic surgeryChristopher Hodge
Lions NSW Eye Bank and NSW Bone Bank, NSW Organ and Tissue Donation Service, Sydney, Australia
Cell Tissue Bank . 2016....
- Femtosecond laser cataract surgery: challenging casesAifric I Martin
aUniversity College Dublin, Dublin, Ireland bVision Eye Institute, New South Wales, Australia cRoyal College of Surgeons in Ireland Ophthalmology, Dublin, Ireland dVision Eye Institute eVision Eye Institute, Mosman fUniversity of Sydney fVision Eye Institute, Hurstville gSave Sight Institute, Sydney Medical School, University of Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Curr Opin Ophthalmol 25:71-80. 2014..As confidence with the technology has grown, clinical indications have expanded and the benefit of LCS in high-risk patients with complex cataracts is increasingly being considered...
- Assessment of corneal curvature using verion optical imaging system: a comparative studyJenny L Lauschke
Vision Eye Institute Chatswood, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Clin Exp Ophthalmol 44:369-76. 2016..Further, it determines the interobserver reliability of the Verion Optical Imaging System...
- Femtosecond laser cataract surgery: technology and clinical practiceTimothy V Roberts
Vision Eye Institute, Chatswood, Australia
Clin Exp Ophthalmol 41:180-6. 2013..This article will review the current state of technology and discuss our clinical experience...
- Capsular block syndrome associated with femtosecond laser-assisted cataract surgeryTimothy V Roberts
Vision Eye Institute, Sydney Medical School, University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia
J Cataract Refract Surg 37:2068-70. 2011....
- Photorefractive keratectomy with mitomycin-C after corneal transplantation for keratoconusChris Hodge
Vision Eye Institute, Chatswood, Sydney, Australia
J Cataract Refract Surg 37:1884-94. 2011..To evaluate the efficacy of photorefractive keratectomy (PRK) for residual refractive error after penetrating keratoplasty (PKP) for keratoconus...
- Small incision lenticule extraction (SMILE) in 2015Colin Chan
Vision Eye Institute, Chatswood, New South Wales, Australia
Clin Exp Optom 99:204-12. 2016..Here, we review the selection criteria, contraindications, indications and existing published safety and efficacy outcomes. ..
- Laser in situ keratomileusis in 2012: a reviewGerard Sutton
Vision Eye Institute, Chatswood, New South Wales, Australia Save Sight Institute, Sydney Medical School, University of Sydney, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Clin Exp Optom 97:18-29. 2014..In this article, we review LASIK as it stands in late 2012: the procedure, indications, technology, complications and refractive outcomes. ..
- Corrigendum to "Expression of HGF and c-Met Proteins in Human Keratoconus Corneas"Jingjing You
Save Sight Institute, Discipline of Clinical Ophthalmology, The University of Sydney, Sydney, NSW 2000, Australia
J Ophthalmol 2016:4201505. 2016..This corrects the article DOI: 10.1155/2015/852986.]. ..
- Implementation of Organ Culture storage of donor corneas: a 3 year study of its impact on the corneal transplant wait list at the Lions New South Wales Eye BankRaj Devasahayam
Lions New South Wales Eye Bank and New South Wales Bone Bank, New South Wales Organ and Tissue Donation Service, GPO Box 1614, Sydney, 2001, New South Wales, Australia
Cell Tissue Bank 17:377-85. 2016..The practical benefits of the extended storage time and increased donor assessment opportunities have directly led to an increase in corneal utilization rate and a significant decrease in recipient wait list time. ..
- Femtosecond cataract surgery: transitioning to laser cataractGerard Sutton
Vision Eye Institute, Chatswood, Australia
Curr Opin Ophthalmol 24:3-8. 2013..This review outlines key issues to consider when contemplating the transition to laser cataract surgery in clinical practice...
- External analysis of the Randleman Ectasia Risk Factor Score System: a review of 36 cases of post LASIK ectasiaColin C K Chan
Vision Eye Institute, Chatswood and Bondi Junction, New South Wales, Australia
Clin Exp Ophthalmol 38:335-40. 2010..To validate Randleman's model of ectasia risk factor scores using a large unbiased sample of unpublished cases...
- Orthokeratology for myopic children: wolf in sheep's clothing?L Stephen Kwok
Department of Ophthalmology, Prince of Wales Hospital, The University of New South Wales, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Clin Experiment Ophthalmol 33:343-7. 2005..Prospective patients, and their parents in the case of children, should be fully informed of the risks...
- Secreted frizzled-related protein 1 (SFRP1) is highly upregulated in keratoconus epithelium: a novel finding highlighting a new potential focus for keratoconus research and treatmentGerard Sutton
Save Sight Institute, Sydney Medical School, New South Wales, Australia
Clin Exp Ophthalmol 38:43-8. 2010..To investigate the expression of Wnt signalling pathway genes in keratoconic (KC) epithelium...
- Uveal effusion following laser in situ keratomileusis (LASIK) for hypermetropiaThomas K H Butler
Sydney Eye Hospital, Sydney, Australia
Am J Ophthalmol 137:763-5. 2004..To describe the first reported cases of uveal effusion syndrome following laser in situ keratomileusis (LASIK)...