Russell W Strong
- Surgical implications of a left-sided gallbladderRussell W Strong
Hepatobiliary Unit, Princess Alexandra Hospital, Ipswich Road, Woolloongabba, Queensland 4102, Australia
Am J Surg 206:59-63. 2013..Laparoscopic cholecystectomy can be performed safely, but bile duct injury is not unusual. It is associated with anomalous intrahepatic portal and biliary systems which impacts any form of partial hepatectomy...
- Obstacles to the establishment of liver transplantation in AustraliaRussell W Strong
4th Floor, Surgical Specialties Office, Princess Alexandra Hospital, Ipswich Road, Brisbane, QLD 4102, Australia
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 24:S119-23. 2009..In addition, contributions from Australia have had a significant impact around the world...
- Undetected hepatocellular carcinoma in patients undergoing liver transplantation: is associated with favorable outcomeTaizen Urahashi
Queensland Liver Transplant Service, Princess Alexandra Hospital, Brisbane, Australia
Hepatogastroenterology 54:1192-5. 2007..Patients who underwent liver transplantation and were unexpectedly found to have a HCC despite prior workup showing normal alpha-fetoprotein levels and/or no visible radiological lesion were defined as having an undetected HCC...
- Outcomes of split versus reduced-size grafts in pediatric liver transplantationHanifah Oswari
Queensland Liver Transplant Service, Royal Children s Hospital, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 20:1850-4. 2005..The aims of the present paper were to compare survival and complication rates between split and reduced-size cadaveric grafts in pediatric patients receiving a liver transplant in Brisbane...
- Living-donor and split-liver transplantation in adults: right versus left-sided graftsRussell W Strong
The Hepatobiliary and Liver Transplant Unit, Princess Alexandra Hospital, Brisbane, Australia
J Hepatobiliary Pancreat Surg 10:5-10. 2003
- The influence of viral genotypes and rejection episodes on the recurrence of hepatitis C after liver transplantationHiroyuki Sugo
The Queensland Liver Transplant Service, Princess Alexandra Hospital, Ipswich Road, Woolloongabba, QLD 4102, Australia
Surg Today 33:421-5. 2003..The aim of this study was to report the influence of hepatitis C virus (HCV) genotype and rejection episodes on the outcome of orthotopic liver transplantation (OLT), hepatitis recurrence, and progression to graft cirrhosis after OLT...
- Living-donor liver transplantation: an overviewRussell W Strong
University of Queensland, Princess Alexandra Hospital, Ipswich Road, Brisbane, 4102, Australia
J Hepatobiliary Pancreat Surg 13:370-7. 2006..This, combined with the high morbidity and not-insignificant mortality amongst donors makes expansion of adult-to-adult liver transplantation hard to justify on a risk-benefit analysis...
- Liver transplantation for hepatolithiasisRussell W Strong
Hepatobiliary and Liver Transplant Unit, Princess Alexandra Hospital, Brisbane, Australia 4102
Asian J Surg 25:180-3. 2002..This paper reports four patients who underwent successful liver transplantation for hepatolithiasis with secondary biliary cirrhosis...