Nicolas J C Stapelberg
- The contribution of major depression to the global burden of ischemic heart disease: a comparative risk assessmentFiona J Charlson
Queensland Centre for Mental Health Research, Brisbane, Australia
BMC Med 11:250. 2013..For the first time, the GBD 2010 has systematically and quantitatively assessed major depression as an independent risk factor for the development of ischemic heart disease (IHD) using comparative risk assessment methodology...
- Mind and heart: heart rate variability in major depressive disorder and coronary heart disease - a review and recommendationsNicolas J Stapelberg
Behavioural Basis of Health, Griffith Health Institute and School of Applied Psychology, Griffith University, Southport, Australia
Aust N Z J Psychiatry 46:946-57. 2012..This review aims to examine the relationship of HRV to both MDD and CHD in the context of vagal function and to make recommendations for clinical practice and research...
- Should global burden of disease estimates include depression as a risk factor for coronary heart disease?Fiona J Charlson
Queensland Centre for Mental Health Research, Wacol, QLD, Australia
BMC Med 9:47. 2011..Therefore, despite some limitations in the available data, it is now appropriate to consider major depression as a risk factor for coronary heart disease in the new Global Burden of Disease Study...
- A topographical map of the causal network of mechanisms underlying the relationship between major depressive disorder and coronary heart diseaseNicolas J C Stapelberg
School of Psychology and Griffith Health Institute, Griffith University, Southport, Queensland 4215, Australia
Aust N Z J Psychiatry 45:351-69. 2011..The aim of this review is to examine the causal mechanisms underlying the relationship between MDD and CHD, with the aim of constructing a topological map of the causal network which describes the relationship between MDD and CHD...
- A preprocessing tool for removing artifact from cardiac RR interval recordings using three-dimensional spatial distribution mappingNicolas J C Stapelberg
School of Applied Psychology and Menzies Health Institute Queensland, Griffith University, Gold Coast, Australia
Psychophysiology 53:482-92. 2016..5% change in values). This novel preprocessing tool can be used with human 24-h cardiac recordings to remove artifact while minimally affecting physiological data and therefore having a low impact on HRV measures of that data. ..